lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-23-2010, 03:10 PM   #1
dr.jim.b
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Question Convert 4x12V Battery System to a 6x8V System for '05 Precedent ???

I continue to read posts where members suggest conversion kits to enable someone with a ClubCar Precedent to convert a 4x12V system to a 6x8V system.
I personally went into a factory ClubCar dealer a few months ago who told me that this was NOT possible for the early precedent models ('04 thru '07)
which have the center console dividing the 4x12V batteries.

My batteries are in need of replacing (they are 6 yrs old) and I would consider converting to a 6x8V system in order to increase run-time. The dealer says,
"this is NOT possible." However, I continue to read posts which refer to such conversion(s) and conversion kits (for approx $345).

I would greatly appreciate hearing from someone who has actually done one of these conversions - a) where did they get the kit? b) how difficult was it?
c) is it necessary to change any other items such as the OBC or the controller? etc?

Any assistance, information, and/or advice you might be able to offer would be WELCOME and GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Thanks-a-Lot!

jim b.

Last edited by dr.jim.b; 08-23-2010 at 03:13 PM.. Reason: typo
dr.jim.b is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car