lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!
On Road Golf Carts! Low to the ground Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-17-2016, 09:56 PM   #1
doublestack00
Getting Wild

Default About to pull the trigger on a RXV, got some questions...

I am about to buy a reconditioned 2013 RXV from my local dealer.

I am torn on what wheels, offset and size tire to get. Down the road I would love to lower the cart 2" if possible, but it seems hit and miss on people being successful in doing so and not having crazy rubbing issues. I can't find a solid answer on what wheels/offset/tires that 100% work.

I like this set of wheels a lot , they are $590 shipped to my door with 205/30/14. I am pretty sure I could not lower it with the offset of them and wonder of the tire is just to skinny/short.

I like this as well (not as much as above) but they have a closer to zero offset so they would be more likely to allow the cart to be lowered. I am not sure about the tire working with it being lowered as they come with 215/35/14. I like the slightly larger tire for more speed, smoother ride and a little more rim protection.

There is only a $10 difference between the two sets including shipping and all to my door. With the 2nd set I have seen people post they are hitting 22-23 mph, which would get me close to my goal of 25 mph.

Thoughts?
doublestack00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-18-2016, 12:42 AM   #2
Isaac-1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: About to pull the trigger on a RXV, got some questions...

The tires you list above shold give you an overall tire diameter of 19.93 inchs, I am running 20x8 turf tires on 10 inch wheel combo I have on my stock ride height RXV which gives an overall diameter of 19.75 inches whichs tops out at 21 / 22 mph (22 flickers on GPS, math says about 21.5 mph) The added fraction of an inch might get you to a solid 22 mph with freedom mode. Of course yours being a 2013 has the Curtis controller and mine being a 2010 has the Danaher controller so there might be a VERY slight difference there.
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 06:23 AM   #3
doublestack00
Getting Wild

I think I am going to go with the 215/35/14's, the little extra speed and protection for the wheels seems to be the smarter way to go.

This is the kit I have been looking at to lower it.

http://www.americanliftkits.com/e-z-...-lowering-kit/
Old 06-18-2016, 12:10 PM   #4
Isaac-1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Before lowering I would suggest trying it at stock ride height. I know I felt mine was lower than ideal when it came to seating height, stepping in and out of the cart, etc. when it had stock size tires (18 inch wheel / tire diameter), so about 1 inch lower than now. Also if you are going to install a rear seat I would suggest getting the Dual Action HD spring, in place of the standard or factory HD spring opions, the Dual action springs provice a comfortable ride when there is only 1 or 2 passengers as well as stiff enough rear suspesion to keep the rear end from sagging when loaded down with 4 passengers.
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 07:17 AM   #5
doublestack00
Getting Wild

Good idea on the dual actions springs, def adding that to the list.

Not 100% on lowering it, but the few I have seen is really the look I am going for. I just want to make sure the wheels I get will allow me to if I should decide down the road to do so.
Old 06-20-2016, 09:48 AM   #6
ARS1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have gotten 26 out of mine with 22" tires, freedom mode and upgraded cables.
ARS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 03:16 PM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

On my regular height carts I tend to bash my forehead on the top walking past it. If I lowered one it would be in the nose..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 09:10 PM   #8
doublestack00
Getting Wild

Any other suggestions on wheels for around the same price?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!