lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-11-2014, 06:34 PM   #1
PinballDad
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Help. RXV goes 1mph

Hi. My 2008 cart ran fine a week ago. Got on today and it just crawls forward or reverse. Sounds like grinding noise same time. Batteries are full and total voltageis 52 vdc. When iI turn rthe key off I can push this cart with two fingers and it rolls easily withno noise from anywhere. I pulled on the brake lever and it is free moving. I just don't get it...it ran fine last week. Any ideas friends?

Thanks
PBD
PinballDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-11-2014, 08:58 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Help. RXV goes 1mph

Key off, put the run/tow switch in tow, flip the key to neutral and see if it will move. If not, I suspect the electric brake has died.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 02:11 AM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

If you can roll the cart with the key off (no matter tow/run position), the brake disk is likely shattered. Remove rear access cover (2x T-27 torx). If you have not had the cart on, and the brake is hot, you have other electrical system (controller) problems. Remove motor brake bolts (3x 10mm, horizontal, end of motor). If brake disk is shattered you will smell it, and brake will fall off when last bolt removed (plus crap/chunks will be falling out). Forget about buying "just the disk", cant get it, whole brake assy Only. If it is not shattered, but you decide to disassemble the brake "just to clean it", expect the alignment to be off just a little, making getting the 3 bolts started during reassembly difficult.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 07:40 AM   #4
PinballDad
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

My brakes always worked fine. One thing I never understood. When my cart was parked it would roll easily, I had to avoid hill parking for that reason. But when I drove it and hit the door beakw pedal, it always stopped quickly. The disc inside the motor break work as for parking and deceleration right? I wish I knew what to do next. My cart ran fine brakes and all just a week ago. Now it crawls 1mph forward or reverse. You think I should remove the brake but leave it plugged in and try driving it?
Thanks
Old 05-12-2014, 07:51 AM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If you could roll it with it parked your electric brake is toast or the circuit related to it. That brake is parking only. The motor and controller do all the other braking. Try what cg suggested and remove the brake from the end of the motor with the three 10 mm bolts. Leave it wired and see what happens. If it drives fine with the exception of no hill brake chances are that is your problem. I would also try putting the cart in tow mode and turn the FnR switch to N then check for voltage t the brake plug. Should be 48 volts dc I believe.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 09:40 AM   #6
cgtech

Yamaha

If you have been able to push your cart while it is parked, you have had a problem for a while. Brake on end of motor is only for parking (or if you press the brake really far, the controller thinks the cart is not stopping "an emergency stop"). Do you have a fuel gauge with a needle, and a dash with a "hump" on the drivers side (just to verify its an RXV, Txt was also available.)?
Old 05-13-2014, 08:41 PM   #7
PinballDad
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I have the hump and gauge. It is a shuttle 2008 rxv. Today I disconnected the brake wire. Same problem, cart goes 1 mph forward or reverse. I don't get it. I'm pretty sure my brake never worked since owning it, it would always roll on an incline with key off. My backyard is flat so I never worried, just never parked on my incline driveway. Anyway, the cart ran great and fast this way despite no operating brake (who knows, inside the brake is probably gutted).

I appreciate everyone helping but it has to be something else. Cart ran great last week. Park it and now this. What would make a rxv cart go into crawl or limp mode like mine appears to be in? I don't have a programmer but is it possible the controller went berzerko and some settings changed? I'm a poor boy and really can't afford pro repairs...lol...I can't even transport it to a pro..the guy I bought it from on C.L. delivered it to me two years ago.

Stumped in Michigan:(:(:(
Old 05-15-2014, 02:56 AM   #8
cgtech

Yamaha

No, not disconnect the wire... REMOVE BRAKE. If you want to know if the brake disk is bad, REMOVE IT AND INSPECT IT!
Old 05-15-2014, 05:21 AM   #9
dmi518
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I had this problem with one and the rear hub was stripping out.
dmi518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 07:03 PM   #10
PinballDad
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmi518 View Post
I had this problem with one and the rear hub was stripping out.
Friends I can push the cart with two fingers...brake wire on or off...tow or no tow position...forward or n or reverse position of key switch. No noise and moves freely. Put key r or f and press pedal and noise and slow wheel movement. I am stumped and can't afford to replace costly motors or controllers and then have it not fix it:(:(:(
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO