lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-11-2022, 04:17 PM   #11
derelicte
Gone Wild

Default Re: Activating "Low Speed Mode" / installing the switch

Can you set the polarity? Grounding the input would be easier.
derelicte is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-11-2022, 06:43 PM   #12
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakewayIcon View Post
I am concerned, because I just saw a prior post on this topic from ATrain, and he said to connect the #2 pin to ground to activate Low Speed mode. You are saying to give it 12v not ground. Not saying Atrain is right or you are wrong, just wanting to double check that you have done it and that 12v is what it takes.
The post Atrain made is referencing the older neos controller. This post and information I shared along with Josh pertains to the new controller and the ICONLive software.
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 07:37 PM   #13
__JAG__
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by derelicte View Post
Can you set the polarity? Grounding the input would be easier.
No.
__JAG__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 08:51 PM   #14
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
I am pretty proficient, and not very afraid to make electrical Mods. I swapped out the programming connector to a standard serial connector so I could use a standard serial cable instead of the modified one they require. If you really are close to having something I could just buy in the next 30 days, I would be tempted to do less work and just buy it. But I would also be interested in any detailed instructions about which pin I need to access in the connector. Also what do I do when I access it? Are there two pins I need to connect together to activate Low Speed? Or is it one pin that I need to give 5v to? Or give it ground?
Any specifics from someone who has done it would be great. I like driving my i40FL at 35MPH but my kids think it's too fast and I would feel safer with them maxed out at 22 or so.
I do not think I will have it ready in 30 days. I do have a pile of high/low switches and tons of the pins for the factory connector if you’re considering doing it yourself I would sell 1 high/low selector switch and 10 pins for 30 bucks shipped…

Old 07-11-2022, 09:42 PM   #15
LakewayIcon
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAZYMATT View Post
The post Atrain made is referencing the older neos controller. This post and information I shared along with Josh pertains to the new controller and the ICONLive software.
Mine is a 2020 that uses the old software, not the 2022 software. So I should go with ATrain's instructions, correct?
LakewayIcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 10:56 PM   #16
jstjohnz
Not Yet Wild

I would think most folks would want a key switch for this function.
jstjohnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 05:13 AM   #17
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Mine is a 2020 that uses the old software, not the 2022 software. So I should go with ATrain's instructions, correct?
Yes. But note I do not know if he ever went through with this on the neos controller. Switch will work for either setup and pins are the same- the connector on the neos is 23 pins I believe and wiring will be different than what Josh/ __JAG__ mentioned. Neos will close contact on toggle switch and pull signal low to ground…

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2F838671-FFA0-48FB-8579-E71E29A8D013.jpg (38.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-12-2022, 10:31 AM   #18
LakewayIcon
Not Yet Wild

This is my controller.
So you think the plan it to ground #2? Not give it 12v?
Interestingly, when I activated Low Speed Mode from 0 to 1 in the software in preparation for adding the switch, it put me in Low Speed by default, not high. So on mine activating pin #2 get me into high, not low.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg controller.jpg (216.8 KB, 0 views)
LakewayIcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 12:43 PM   #19
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
This is my controller.
Interestingly, when I activated Low Speed Mode from 0 to 1 in the software in preparation for adding the switch, it put me in Low Speed by default, not high. So on mine activating pin #2 get me into high, not low.
Yes. That is what the wiring diagrams show. Like I mentioned earlier, I’ve also read the post but never actually saw any confirmation from anyone actually following through and or the outcome with the neos controller. Josh has the new controller and asked about it we looked into it and I sent him some pins and he did the modification and confirmed functionality. Again this has been verified on the new controller, but I have no reason to believe it wouldn’t work with the neos as the provisions for it do appear to be there, you could possibly run a wire to pin to and try grounding it with the laptop connected to the vehicle and monitor the state of the high/low input you’re referencing and check weather it changes when grounded…
Old 07-12-2022, 12:45 PM   #20
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
This is my controller.
Yes and see the empty position for pin 2. The top row left side #2 is the position between the red wire and the marooonish colored wire.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon