lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-15-2023, 08:21 AM   #1
Blue Beauty
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default 2022 ICON unprogrammed speedometer

I have experienced power problems with my 2022 ICON i40L since I bought it.
Mileage range diminished from 20 miles to 12 miles with original AGM batteries. Dealer replaced the battery bank since it appeared 2 were bad. Exact same thing has occurred with my new 48V AGM battery bank of (6) 8V batteries.

I ran across an ICON Service Bulletin dated 12/05/22. Subject: Cart goes into limp mode at 70% battery soc. The bulletin recommends confirming the correct diagnostic codes and replacing the speedometer with a programmed unit. I checked my speedometer and it is not programmed.

I have a call into the dealer regarding this and awaiting a response.
If anyone has had the same experience I would appreciate any inputs. Thank you.
Blue Beauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-15-2023, 12:29 PM   #2
CartsRFun
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2022 ICON unprogrammed speedometer

That should not be happening....

My 2020 I40 with 5200 miles with Crown agms has never had this issue.
My agms were transferred from my previous cart and combine have over
7500 trouble free miles..

Follow up with your dealer or get a hold of ICON

Happy Cartin'
CartsRFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2023, 10:28 AM   #3
Blue Beauty
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Thanks I appreciate it. I was incorrect the service bulletin is not applicable to my I40L. I had the dealer reprogram the charger and controller. Did not help. Batteries were replaced and did not help. Performance degraded faster than the original batteries. I recorded the bank voltage fully charged, during operation, and during full recharge. I am reviewing that and I may also perform the same test and record the amperage. Hoping to find something definitive to present to dealer and possibly ICON. The ICON FB owners forum also has given me some great feedback on my issues. I am happily jealous you have no issues with this. I hope to be able to join you. Thank you again.
Old 04-19-2023, 02:18 PM   #4
Blue Beauty
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

I checked the bank voltage during operation and charging. The dealer said not to run the batteries to less than 50% or it will damage the batteries. During operation of 13 miles the bank started with a full charge of 51.97V. While running it dropped under 50% (48.2V) quite often and got as low as 30% (47.24V). In charging the high voltage shown was 59.14V.
Not sure what this means. It appears I am damaging the batteries. Any thoughts on this. As I mentioned before this is my 2nd set of AGM's. Thank you

Tags
2022 icon speedometer, under voltage cutback
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon