lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2023, 08:38 PM   #11
nyvram
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Someone please help! Converted to LiON but won't turn on

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgray70 View Post
The key switch on taking about, is the one on the cart. I'm confused to what you are talking about I guess.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
The ignition key? The run/tow switch on the bms? I'm sorry I don't know all the correct terms on this. I'm looking under the seat but don't know anything about the existing harnesses or cutting into them to figure out where the cart key switch is.
nyvram is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-29-2023, 08:48 PM   #12
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm talking about the key switch on the dash.
I think I know you issue. The original orange wire that was originally connected to the charger port, needs to be disconnected from the old charger port, and connected to you new lithium positive post. That is where the controller gets its logic power from, and since the old charger port is disconnected, it doesn't get any power.

mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 08:51 PM   #13
nyvram
Not Yet Wild

I think I did that. It's hard to see but there's an orange cable attached to the positive of the first battery in the picture I posted. I was hoping it was that simple but I'm clearly missing something. Maybe a brain.
Old 05-29-2023, 09:08 PM   #14
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyvram View Post
I think I did that. It's hard to see but there's an orange cable attached to the positive of the first battery in the picture I posted. I was hoping it was that simple but I'm clearly missing something. Maybe a brain.
I see that now. Maybe someone will see something I don't.

mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 04:26 AM   #15
nyvram
Not Yet Wild

I ordered a new solenoid. i guess I'll just keep replacing parts until it starts moving.
Old 05-30-2023, 06:48 AM   #16
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

If the cart worked before the lithium upgrade it should work now. As others have said the 12v reducer issue will not keep the cart from driving.

Do you have a stock controller or aftermarket controller like an Alltrax or Navitas? My guess is that something with the charge interlock bypass was not done correctly and the cart is thinking its plugged in and not allowing the cart to move.

I had this issue with mine when I did my conversion but I have a Navitas so in the app it told me this was the issue and I bypassed it allowing the cart to work correctly.
jasonojordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 08:25 AM   #17
nyvram
Not Yet Wild

stock controller. i opened it for grins just to see if everything looked ok and it seemed fine so I closed it up before i messed with anything.

there wasn't much to it when i pulled the other batteries; just the wires coming from the charger, that weird orange wire and a single black & red coming from the headlights (I assume).

so there must be a failure somewhere but i still cant figure out why both the 12v and motor won't work. maybe luck of the draw because the inverter is definitely not putting out 12v and it doesn't appear to be turning on at all.

in any case, a cheap inverter and new solenoid will give me peace of mind to rule those out.
Old 05-30-2023, 08:28 AM   #18
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

You can rule out the converter if you take the orange wire running to your key switch and tie it to the + on the pack. This will turn the converter on and if it passes 12v and lights and stuff start working then you have a issue in how its connected to the key switch on the dash.

Quote:
stock controller. i opened it for grins just to see if everything looked ok and it seemed fine so I closed it up before i messed with anything.

there wasn't much to it when i pulled the other batteries; just the wires coming from the charger, that weird orange wire and a single black & red coming from the headlights (I assume).

all i can assume is there is a failure somewhere but i still cant figure out why both the 12v and motor won't work. maybe luck of the draw because the inverter is definitely not putting out 12v and it doesn't appear to be turning on at all.

in any case, a cheap inverter and new solenoid will give me peace of mind to rule those out.
Old 05-30-2023, 08:38 AM   #19
nyvram
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonojordan View Post
You can rule out the converter if you take the orange wire running to your key switch and tie it to the + on the pack. This will turn the converter on and if it passes 12v and lights and stuff start working then you have a issue in how its connected to the key switch on the dash.
i did that earlier in this thread. still not getting power to the 12v leads and confirmed with a multimeter.

so thats why i'm going the cheap converter route to see if i can get the 12v to work at least.

multimeter clearly shows 52.9v going *INTO* the converter but nothing on the output even w/ the orange ring connected to the battery +
Old 05-30-2023, 08:55 AM   #20
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
i did that earlier in this thread. still not getting power to the 12v leads and confirmed with a multimeter.

so thats why i'm going the cheap converter route to see if i can get the 12v to work at least.

multimeter clearly shows 52.9v going *INTO* the converter but nothing on the output even w/ the orange ring connected to the battery +
Ok I will admit I did not read back to far in the thread so sorry about that. If you did that and still did not get power out and everything else is wired correctly then I would agree there is a issue with the reducer.

As others have said and I did earlier as well the cart will still run without it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO