lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-23-2010, 10:26 PM   #1
AMDnutt
Not Yet Wild

Default Preventing corrosion?

What do you guys put on your battery terminals to stop / slow / prevent corrosion? I have used Petroleum Jelly in the past but heard it is not good to use. Is it OK?

Recently, I have tried the CRC Terminal Protectant but it is a deep red and makes a mess when applied.

What about dielectric grease?

Your thoughts and ideas please.... TIA!
AMDnutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-23-2010, 10:35 PM   #2
Radicalgolfcarts
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Preventing corrosion?

Dielectric works great but sometimes a pain to get the nuts off!! Sometimes the red stuff looks bad bud works the same. We use the red stuff all the time.

But I know what you are saying on the red stuff it is sticky so it will accumulate all dirt and dust on it, when the dielectric greas kinda of hardens so it will not do that.
Radicalgolfcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 08:50 AM   #3
FIXEROFCARTS
Gone Wild

Default Re: Preventing corrosion?

Dont use anything that attracts dirt onto the posts...not good. I know I hate it when someone has put grease, or vaseoline on the battery posts...what a mess. There is a product at Home depot used in electrical metal protectant, made by CRC, works great. It dries, but is not brittle like most automotive style protectants.
FIXEROFCARTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car