lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-10-2008, 02:22 PM   #1
tech00
Not Yet Wild

Default 1995 EZGO troubleshooting ?

Got a 95 ezego that has started slowing down after about 15 min. of riding. Put a load tester on the batteries and all six tested good.Does any one have any troubleshooting tips on how and what I should check.I sprayed wd40 on the forward/reverse switch because it was kinda stiff ,don't know if this had anything to do with it or not.Up until this I could ride a Hour and half or longer.Don't know too much more to tell you . Thanks
tech00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-10-2008, 03:35 PM   #2
EZ-GOnewild
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Cool Re: 1995 EZGO troubleshooting ?

Welcome tech00!
EZ-GOnewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 07:30 PM   #3
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Default Re: 1995 EZGO troubleshooting ?

Welcome to the forum tech00......................
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 07:59 PM   #4
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Read this, http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...e-posting.html and then post your findings when your done.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 07:20 AM   #5
armandojudith@bellsouth.n
Not Yet Wild

Hi to everybody thanks so much i look the forum its.....very interest ,i have problem with my car ez go dcs. electric 1995 is not runnig has new batteries new, solenoid , and nothing somebody know about this car thanks ,,,,
armandojudith@bellsouth.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 07:28 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech00 View Post
Got a 95 ezego that has started slowing down after about 15 min. of riding. Put a load tester on the batteries and all six tested good.Does any one have any troubleshooting tips on how and what I should check.I sprayed wd40 on the forward/reverse switch because it was kinda stiff ,don't know if this had anything to do with it or not.Up until this I could ride a Hour and half or longer.Don't know too much more to tell you . Thanks
Welcome TECH00
WD 40 is highly flamable on an open electrical contact switch. Had there been any of the common sparking that does happen with a F/R sometimes you could have had a fire.
What does the voltage read on yoour battery pack when you start out and when it starts to slow down?
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 12:01 PM   #7
EZ-GOnewild
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Cool Re: 1995 EZGO troubleshooting ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by armandojudith@bellsouth.n View Post
Hi to everybody thanks so much i look the forum its.....very interest ,i have problem with my car ez go dcs. electric 1995 is not runnig has new batteries new, solenoid , and nothing somebody know about this car thanks ,,,,
Welcome armando, you may want to start your own thread from the home page.

Good luck!
EZ-GOnewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 03:52 PM   #8
tech00
Not Yet Wild

Have not been able to read it after it slows down(been raining) but each battery has a reading or 6.4 v and one has 6.3 What terminals do I need to check for a total voltage reading. Should I disconnect the power and clean the wd40 off the f/r switch with some contact cleaner? Will post voltage radings tonite after it slows down.Thanks for the reply
Old 07-11-2008, 04:54 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You can plug the voltmeter into the charger recepticle.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 06:46 PM   #10
tech00
Not Yet Wild

Just got back from riding a little over 10 miles and it never slowed down.Seems to be working fine now.Voltage was at 6.46 on each battery(except one was 6.39)when I left and got a 6.28 on all six when I got back. Is that solenoid that is mounted on the box on the passanger side supposed to get kinda warm after a ride.Think it was labeled B2 and connected to f/r switch. Thanks for all the help guys. Great forum, glad to be a part of.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO