lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-14-2014, 08:14 PM   #1
Swentac
Not Yet Wild

Question Is this a reasonable price for a 2010 Zone Spark?

I am a newbie and have been looking to buy a golf cart to ride around my property. (20 acres, flat fields and woods in Indiana.) I found a 2010 Zone Spark, 6 passenger, PC-48, that looks to be in excellent condition for $5000. I probably won't drive it on public roads. I don't know anything about these vehicles, are there any issues or problems I should be wary of? Is service available?, Are parts available?
Is this a reasonable price for one of these?
Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Swentac is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-15-2014, 08:10 AM   #2
lsujay
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Is this a reasonable price for a 2010 Zone Spark?

Probably the going rate... If the batteries haven't been replaced there is a good chance you will need batteries for $1,300+. I would negotiate because the parts are available, but not as readily available like a club car. If they are the original owner they may have gotten the cart for 'free' with a government rebate, so they may let it go for a much better price than you think.
lsujay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 08:10 AM   #3
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

That price sounds high to me.
there will likely be a number of opinions, if it was me I would be looking for one of the big 3, Yamaha, Ezgo, Club Car. Zone cars were imported to exploit the "free electric car" tax credit deal that the government put in place a few years ago. Most had trouble finding service and or parts to service.
others bought them, took the tax credit and sold them. 5k seems entirely unreasonable to me based on what the initial cost was to the original owner........
good luck!
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 09:28 AM   #4
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Ess is right on, search Zone cart fires.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 10:47 AM   #5
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOmsman View Post
Ess is right on, search Zone cart fires.
that was enlightening..........

http://www.justdriveelectric.com/

the link is for Zone's main web site. So, suffice it to say any support on this cart would be fleeting if not already fled
Old 09-16-2014, 07:54 AM   #6
Swentac
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by essness View Post
That price sounds high to me.
there will likely be a number of opinions, if it was me I would be looking for one of the big 3, Yamaha, Ezgo, Club Car. Zone cars were imported to exploit the "free electric car" tax credit deal that the government put in place a few years ago. Most had trouble finding service and or parts to service.
others bought them, took the tax credit and sold them. 5k seems entirely unreasonable to me based on what the initial cost was to the original owner........
good luck!
Thanks for the comments and advice. I certainly appreciate the value in going with a name brand rather than a Chinese import with limited (no) service network. However, if I were to get him down to $3000, would that not be worth the gamble?
Old 09-16-2014, 08:30 AM   #7
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swentac View Post
Thanks for the comments and advice. I certainly appreciate the value in going with a name brand rather than a Chinese import with limited (no) service network. However, if I were to get him down to $3000, would that not be worth the gamble?
I can't really answer that for you. All I can say is that at 3k you can buy a pretty nice electric (non combustible) cart from the big 3 with great availability of parts and support.
that's the way I would spend my 3k.
Old 09-16-2014, 12:36 PM   #8
Swentac
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
I can't really answer that for you. All I can say is that at 3k you can buy a pretty nice electric (non combustible) cart from the big 3 with great availability of parts and support.
that's the way I would spend my 3k.
OK, I get the message. Really appreciate your expertise. On a different direction, I found a GAS 2004 Club Car with extras (lift kit, chrome wheels, lights, rear seat...)for $3250. Does that price seem reasonable? I understand gas models are generally more expensive than Electric. (Sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum.)
Old 09-16-2014, 01:20 PM   #9
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swentac View Post
OK, I get the message. Really appreciate your expertise. On a different direction, I found a GAS 2004 Club Car with extras (lift kit, chrome wheels, lights, rear seat...)for $3250. Does that price seem reasonable? I understand gas models are generally more expensive than Electric. (Sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum.)
That sounds like a much better dealI'm a gas guy, I believe it offers much more versatility in particular in the format you are talking about. And if you run out of gas on the back 20, just grab a can of gas and go. No need to find a tow or 3 mile long extension cord
Old 09-17-2014, 06:47 PM   #10
Swentac
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
That sounds like a much better dealI'm a gas guy, I believe it offers much more versatility in particular in the format you are talking about. And if you run out of gas on the back 20, just grab a can of gas and go. No need to find a tow or 3 mile long extension cord
Well it turns out that the 2004 gas Club Car I am considering is actually a 2000 model. I am still negotiating with the seller on the price and what else may not be as advertized. :(

Tags
nev, zone spark
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay