lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-22-2021, 02:07 PM   #61
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: New 2020 Club Car Onward HP Li-Ion

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortspark View Post
I still have difficulty understanding why you would ever unplug the charger while the cart is sitting there. Why take it off of charger? As I said in my previous post, I play a round of golf and when I'm done I have about 60 to 70% showing so I plug it in and the next morning when I go to play again I have 100%. Maybe if I did not use the cart for months at a time there might be a different method as a matter of maintenance and storage but as I understand it you really can't overcharge these things thanks to the monitor system. If the battery indicator shows 100% and then it shows something less overnight while still plugged in something is obviously not right. I don't think you can go wrong by keeping the charger plugged in all the time while the cart is not in use.
I completely agree that no need to unplug charger. If a course goes to Lithium carts they will leave them plugged in until the next use. If you have cart barn clowns (some are just that) unplugging carts at odd times, you would end up with carts not even charged. Leave it plugged in, they are designed that way.

I also agree with what Volt-ampere (Hi Charlie) said about longevity when you have a pack made from Leaf modules. I have 15 private carts at Orange Tree with Leaf packs and another 10 or so in the neighborhood. I have the owners and cart barn leave them plugged in all the time or the dummies will end up draining them and ruining the pack. They may loose a little longevity over time but packs won't fail due to over discharge if left plugged in.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-22-2021, 03:07 PM   #62
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I would get a little nervous leaving my Lithium charger plugged in but in theory it would be fine. When the pack gets up to full charge (or in my case about 95%) the charger tapers down to zero current and could sit there until I took it off to use the cart. But I don't trust this Chinese charger to do that and not fail on me. I have been using it for over four years now and it still is fine. I now have a second cart and I am using that same charger on both.
I doubt that very many clubs are using Lithium carts yet - and when they do, they are probably using systems supplied by manufacturers - not add-ons. For good results, it is critical that they be properly charged - probably every day in that environment.
For me, I don't ever charge my carts when I am away from home or overnight. I put it on charge when I can't get another round of golf out of it and it's finished before I go to bed at night. I easily get three rounds of golf including driving to the club and back between charges so I don't charge every time I use the cart.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 09:08 AM   #63
mjs4451
Not Yet Wild

I just received mine a month ago. Bought it before my cart path was done. The braking system works great but I have a 10 ft steep portion on my lake front home where the cart begins to have the brakes lock up and then slide for about another 10 ft. Does anyone know if you can add a front braking system along with the current rear braking system.
mjs4451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 01:34 PM   #64
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

There are front brake kits available for some carts. Check with some of the site sponsors.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2020 cc onward li-ion
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car