lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-19-2015, 11:12 AM   #1
daddycain
Not Yet Wild

Default 02 club car IQ won't go

Brief history: I Inherited a 48v 2002 club car IQ that had been sitting for a while. Filled batteries with distilled water and charged individually with 12v charger to 45v the pack and charger would not come on. Connected charger to a friend's cart and it didn't work. Ordered rebuild kit... Now charger works. Completed charge on my batteries and cart would not move. Checked f/r switch... Hear beeping in reverse and clicking at solenoid in forward while in run and nothing while in tow. My batteries would not hold a charge so I thought they may be the problem. Before spending $750 on batteries I decided to connect four of my 12v deep cycle marine batteries to see if cart would run but still nothing. I did some brief voltage checks but I am not sure when I should get what voltage at any given location. Pack voltage for marine batteries at that time was 43.7v. ... At motor with peddle depressed F1-A2 =43.7v F2-A1=0. Also getting voltage in many locations such as at the solenoid and at some locations on the controller. I can document each reading and location if necessary..
If anyone can help or suggest where I can get a troubleshooting guide I would appreciate it greatly.
daddycain is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-19-2015, 01:03 PM   #2
Lakebit
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 02 club car IQ won't go

Check sticky at top of page everything-do-batteries. Chart will show percentage of charge for volt reading of pack
Lakebit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 03:54 PM   #3
Vertigo RT
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Depending on the controller, it would seem maybe the voltage has dropped below its threshold.
Vertigo RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 02:02 PM   #4
daddycain
Not Yet Wild

I finally got a chance to work on this project some more. Batteries fully charged. Showing pack voltage of 51v. Cart still doesn't move. I hear clicking at solenoid but no response. I have pack voltage at places that show any voltage but I don't know when I should voltage at any point or across any 2 points. Is there a troubleshooting guide I can get that will walk me through ........ with switch on, t/r in run, f/r in forward, pedal pressed, you should have (X)volts at point (A) or from points (A) to (B). With f/r in reverse you should have (X) volts from points (C) to (D).....etc. How do I check controller? Motor? Or any other component?
Old 06-02-2015, 01:08 AM   #5
daddycain
Not Yet Wild

Well. No luck so far.
Old 06-02-2015, 08:45 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Check the throttle signal next.

"Check the resistance between the yellow wire and the white/black wire on the 3 pin connector as you cycle the pedal to get your answer there. It should start at around 6800 ohms at zero throttle and 1100 ohms on the floor." Quote DH

Maybe David or Sergio can tell you which wire powers up the control board on the control. My diagram does not show.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 11:33 AM   #7
daddycain
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, I will check that after work today.
Old 06-03-2015, 05:38 AM   #8
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

If You really have an IQ cart, the document below will provide you with hours of entertainment testing/troubleshooting the entire system

http://www.fsip.biz/Documents/Club%2...leshooting.pdf
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 12:38 PM   #9
kantuckian
Gone Wild

Fun To Play with
kantuckian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 12:51 PM   #10
Hecky50
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
If You really have an IQ cart, the document below will provide you with hours of entertainment testing/troubleshooting the entire system

http://www.fsip.biz/Documents/Club%2...leshooting.pdf
Sergio.....Can I apply this info. to a 2008 CC IQ????
Hecky50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car