lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-09-2015, 12:00 PM   #11
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

There doesn't seem to be a click when it kicks off. All I see is the needle drop and bouse right back up. Still charging as I type. Afraid to unplug for it may not start again. Hopefully I can get a full charge that batts need it

Sent with the newest version of Crap~A~Talk
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-09-2015, 02:34 PM   #12
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

We'll I just check on it AND it has shut off. Its reading 52.6 volts on the pack. Of got a good 4 hours of charge but I don't think it its fully charged

Old 08-09-2015, 03:06 PM   #13
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Took oy for a ride seems to have a good charge bit not full. Came back plugged it in and got nothing

Old 08-13-2015, 08:13 AM   #14
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Default Re: Powerdrive 2 & Powerdrive 3 Problems

UPDATE : well finally home and got to look into my problems a little deep . I found the sensor wire on the back of the cart female plug has corroded away, a little pull and it came right out of the boot. I got a new plug and put it in yesterday. the charger turn on and was working . let in charge for a few hours, took it for a ride and returned home and plugged it in for the night (9:30 pm). this morning wife said she could here the batteries boiling when she unplugged it but wasn't sure if she heard a click when she pulled out the plug (8:00 am). I came to check and the batteries were hotter then normal and i want to say that the charger didn't shut off .

What to do now ?????
Old 08-13-2015, 09:18 AM   #15
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

How long did you guys let it charge before you terminated the charge cycle?
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 06:41 AM   #16
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

it plugged in at 930Pm and unplugged at 8 am so 10.5 hours . wife got to it before me so i cant say if it shut off or the needle was all the way down and still running . she couldnt say if it click or not when she unplugged it . i qiuckly check the pack amd it was reading 54.2 and dropping . the batteries are 2013 duracells and have been well miantained. im going to have to keep an eye on it tonight and check it before i go to bed and first thing in the morning .
Old 08-14-2015, 08:02 AM   #17
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Checked it this morning and it was still charging ampmeter sitting on 7 at 57.3 volts after a good 12 hours time. Some bubbles can be seen in batteries but far from a rapid boil .
Old 08-14-2015, 08:06 AM   #18
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Does the ammeter go all the way to max when You first plug the charger into the cart?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 08:21 AM   #19
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Does the ammeter go all the way to max when You first plug the charger into the cart?
yes it does , last night i parked it at 9 pm after a good 6 mile ride. plugged it in and the needle swung all the way to the right . just checked it now (after 12 hours) and the charger had shut off and voltage on the meter was 51.7
Old 08-16-2015, 08:05 AM   #20
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

been running it for the last few days but seems to be losing distance on charge . its like it never gets a full charge with PD3 . like yesterday the charger was off after the night , the guage read 51.3 but quicker then normal it was down to 70% , of course when i get on it there was always a good drop and then it comes back up but now that to seems to drop lower . I have yet to catch the charger in the 1 to 5 range on the ampmeter to see what the total pack voltage is at that time. im going to check the batteries today cell to cell and see if i got a bad cell somewhere.

Still dont have much faith in this new to me PD3
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car