lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-14-2015, 04:58 AM   #1
basshawk84
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Controller Problem???

I've got an 05 Club Car Precedent with an Alltrax DCX500 that's several year old. It's developed an unusual intermittent problem over the last couple of months. Sometimes at full throttle it will cut out almost as if you took your foot off the gas pedal. I can usually let off the gas and get back on it and it will run normally. A few weeks ago, I did replace the MCOR with an MCOR2 that I bought from David at Revolution. The wiper arm in it had been having problems for a couple of years anyway, so I figured it was time. This problem still persisted. It won't fail long enough for me to troubleshoot it. I have a new set of US batteries (5 months old) and a new complete set of 2 gauge cables. I'm thinking the problem has to be in the controller. The solenoid never clicks off when the problem occurs. I called Alltrax and they basically said wait for it to fail hard then look at the error codes. Any insights?
basshawk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-14-2015, 07:56 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Controller Problem???

As for testing- If the problem can be replicated, you may want to connect a laptop and see what's dropping off when the blip occurs. Save and send the log file to Will at Alltrax and let him read it
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 05:13 PM   #3
basshawk84
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Controller Problem???

Scotty, took your advice and hooked the laptop up this afternoon and went for a drive. It happened at least every half mile and I was logging it to a file. NO error codes, just total drop off of current to zero. I noticed that I had the Hi Pedal Disable turned on, so I turned it off and couldn't duplicate the problem after that. I even turned it back on and no problems. When I talked to the guys at Alltrax, they did mention it sounded like HPD was being engaged for some reason. AT any rate, I'll drive it for a few days with HPD turned off to see if it comes back. Thanks,
basshawk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car