lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-10-2015, 09:20 AM   #1
w4rwf
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Battery question (Bulldog Batteries)

I have a set of Bulldog batteries in my cart. The only meaningful numbers on the battery I can find is BD-165. I have called 2 manufacturers that claim the name of Bulldog batteries. One in Indiana and the other in Ohio. Neither one claim the battery as being theirs and name each other off as the possible manufacturer. I simply want to find out what saturation voltage is needed to charge the battery at. I called the dealer that put the batteries in the cart and he says it looks just like a US Battery so charge it on that routine. DPI says charge it on mode 2. I just want to charge it as close too what it should be instead of charging at guesses from people that don't have any idea. So my question is, does anybody have any idea who actually manufactures this battery or know for sure which charge routine I need to use with the DPI Accusense 48V charger?
w4rwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-10-2015, 03:36 PM   #2
Yamahaman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Battery question (Bulldog Batteries)

Looks like Bulldog has there own battery line so give them a call.
http://www.bulldogbattery.com/
Yamahaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 04:22 PM   #3
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamahaman View Post
Looks like Bulldog has there own battery line so give them a call.
http://www.bulldogbattery.com/
they sell batteries ... not make them

Old 11-10-2015, 04:23 PM   #4
w4rwf
Getting Wild

Club Car

Thanks Yamahaman! That link you provided is one of the 2 companies by that name that won't lay claim to that battery.
Old 11-10-2015, 06:29 PM   #5
w4rwf
Getting Wild

Club Car

Discovered a little more 411 on these batteries. They are distributed in Newberry, SC by a company named Debrick. I will call them tomorrow and see if they can help me out any.
Old 11-10-2015, 07:09 PM   #6
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by w4rwf View Post
I have a set of Bulldog batteries in my cart. The only meaningful numbers on the battery I can find is BD-165. I have called 2 manufacturers that claim the name of Bulldog batteries. One in Indiana and the other in Ohio. Neither one claim the battery as being theirs and name each other off as the possible manufacturer. I simply want to find out what saturation voltage is needed to charge the battery at. I called the dealer that put the batteries in the cart and he says it looks just like a US Battery so charge it on that routine. DPI says charge it on mode 2. I just want to charge it as close too what it should be instead of charging at guesses from people that don't have any idea. So my question is, does anybody have any idea who actually manufactures this battery or know for sure which charge routine I need to use with the DPI Accusense 48V charger?
I'm wondering if the 165 indacates the 20 hour discharge rate? Would put them right on par with the Crown CR165 battery which charges very well in the Trojan mode 2 setting. My batteries are quite happy being held at 53.0 float voltage; having needed no water in over a year of 24/7 charging.
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 07:24 PM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Battery Outlet aka Debrick in Newberry SC. They have them made. I have bought quite a few sets and asked the same question on charging. Mode 2 is what they told me. I have been happy with them. Let me know if you need more information. As for the 165, I thought they had 170 and 190ah in the 8 volts and 235 and 245ah in 6
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 09:03 PM   #8
w4rwf
Getting Wild

Club Car

Thanks guys! kgsc, if that's what they told you then I guess they will tell me the same thing tomorrow when I call them. Teecro, that would be my guess on the 165 printed on the label of that battery.

kgsc, you say you have bought a few sets from them, how would you compare these batteries to any of the other well known brands such as us battery, trojan, crown, etc? how was there longevity?
Old 11-10-2015, 09:47 PM   #9
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I have a friend who had recommended them to me and I think his are 4 or 5 years old and still going. My personal set is a little over 2 years old and doing well.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 03:47 PM   #10
w4rwf
Getting Wild

Club Car

Talked to Debrick this morning and he told me to use mode 2 or 3, Trojan or Crown routines. Best I can find is that there is only a .04 voltage difference at termination. Thanks for the replies and info. Site is great because of those willing to chip in and lend the knowledge.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car