lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-17-2011, 07:54 PM   #1
GQ IMAGE
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default How do you update software on 2008 RXV?

I live in the Pittsburgh area. So accessorizing golf carts is no where a common thing! I went to Golf Cart Supply who is the largest EZGO dealer in my area. I told them I want the software updated on my 2008 EZGO Freedom RXV. I got stared at by the service guy like I was a alien. I want the slow start taken off the cart, and the top speed to be increased to the private setting so the cart can achieve a higher top speed of 20mph. They are going to send a technician out to my house next Tuesday with the hand held tool to see what he can do. Are they any experience dealers out there that can tell me step by step what needs done, so I can print it off and show the technician what exactly needs done. I want it reprogrammed right. I would hate to buy a new speed controller from EZGO, they are over $1,000.00dollars. Any insight would be appreciated.
GQ IMAGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-18-2011, 12:08 PM   #2
Barou
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: How do you update software on 2008 RXV?

GQ, I hope someone posts a reply. I am interested too. Please let us know what happens to your cart!
Barou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:52 PM   #3
LuvMyTJ
Not Yet Wild

Subscribed...
LuvMyTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:35 PM   #4
Bmatlock00
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

You do realize this thread is 18 months old?
Bmatlock00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:21 PM   #5
GQ IMAGE
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Smile Re: How do you update software on 2008 RXV?

Yes the post may be old, but my cart is done!!! And no I have not been able to update my software yet. I contacted my local EZGO dealer, and they were suppose to send out there hand held tool to update their software so, I could down load the update. They never sent it out, and I kind of lost interest at that point. Because, of this, I may call and push them again. I love my EZGO!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.JPG (229.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-21-2012, 08:06 AM   #6
TheAspec
Gone Wild

Any EZGO dealer with the handheld diagnostic tool can do this. It takes 5 minutes. However, the diagnostic tool must have the RXV freedom update on it, which if I recall was released in 2009.

Max speed on the tool is 19.5 MPH; unless the dealer has the 2Five program loaded on the tool, then you can set to 25 MPH. My dealer does not sell 2Five so he can't get that program.

You can adjust torque with the tool as well. You don't need a new speed controller. You need a dealer that has the handheld tool and a couple minutes of spare time to plug into the cart and press a few buttons.

PS: Nice wheels! What are they? 12's with low profiles?
TheAspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:14 AM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I think the standard speed for the programmer is 14.5 unless they know the security code which will let them set it up to 19.5. At least that was my case. Wonder if it is the same deal for the 2five. As in, he has the programmer, just need the correct code. Still no luck on removing the slow start. They do have a new setting that will let it accelerate faster but still a dog from a dead stop.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:58 PM   #8
Rhoughton1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

The 2five cart has a higher gear ratio which gives the higher speed.its the same program.
Rhoughton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:09 PM   #9
LuvMyTJ
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmatlock00 View Post
You do realize this thread is 18 months old?
See what I started!
LuvMyTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:53 PM   #10
GQ IMAGE
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAspec View Post
Any EZGO dealer with the handheld diagnostic tool can do this. It takes 5 minutes. However, the diagnostic tool must have the RXV freedom update on it, which if I recall was released in 2009.

Max speed on the tool is 19.5 MPH; unless the dealer has the 2Five program loaded on the tool, then you can set to 25 MPH. My dealer does not sell 2Five so he can't get that program.

You can adjust torque with the tool as well. You don't need a new speed controller. You need a dealer that has the handheld tool and a couple minutes of spare time to plug into the cart and press a few buttons.

PS: Nice wheels! What are they? 12's with low profiles?
The Aspec....thanks for a great reply on the post!!! Allot of good information there!!! I guess, I will call again and push them, or I hope that they already sent thier scan tool out and updated it!!!

Oh by the way, I am rolling on 14's!!! 205/30/14
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO