lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-21-2012, 12:36 PM   #1
nutpn
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 2002 ez-go pds

I have a 2002 ez-go pds 36Volt
that I am having a small problem with.
when my kids drive it around it will not climb a small grade but 1 time,then its like it gets weak,it will still go on flat services,but doesnt seem strong,is the Batteries bad.
I have had to add water several times-distilled.
below is the readings on each battery and total readings,it has the beep code for steep hill-2 beeps do I need to try to get it in freedom mode,so with that said- if anyone has knowledge or had an experience like this with a resolution,Thanks

batteries voltage readings are from passenger side towards driver side
starting with the right battery first and going

right, left, right, left, right, left

1st battery-8.33
2nd battery-8.06
2nd row-1st battery-8.37
2nd row-2nd battery -7.22
3rd row-1st battery-7.84
3rd row- 2nd battery-6,82
total voltage-42.17
nutpn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-21-2012, 01:10 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2002 ez-go pds

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutpn View Post
1st battery-8.33
2nd battery-8.06
2nd row-1st battery-8.37
2nd row-2nd battery -7.22
3rd row-1st battery-7.84
3rd row- 2nd battery-6,82
total voltage-42.17
Those voltage readings must have been taken shortly after the batteries came off charge, but they are still telling.

To get more meaningful battery voltage readings, let the batteries "rest" about 12 hours to get rid of the surface charge they acquire while charging.

My guess is that the two lowest voltage batteries are bad, the middle two voltages are questionable and the higher two might be good. (But batteries ought to be replaced as a set)

Drive the cart a mile or two and recheck the voltages.
That should make the bad ones stand out like a sore thumb.
Regardless of State of Charge, all six batteries should be within 0.2V or less of each other.
The spread on yours is 1.55V, so there are some sick ones in the pack.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 02:32 PM   #3
nutpn
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

actually the batteries did set overnight with no charge since yesterday at 1 pm,thats what has me confused,its got the voltage but after I go up a small grade once,maybe twice,thats it- it wont climb no more,but will still go on flat for a lil while.
I did notice the main positive wire on battery end is corroded,could that be it.
I really cant afford to get new batteries with my monthly military disability pay,just tryn to stay afloat- most of the time I have to get My Bro-in -Law to do the work -as Im not too good at bending with my situation, so I am at his mercy when he can work on it.. I traded for this for my 2 kids to have something to ride and have a good time,I just hope it aint bad batteries, thanks.
I will get my bro-in law to swap the wire that is corroded and get my kids to drive it for a lil bit when he gets in from work and I will get back,thanks
,and it may be just a corroded wire,talk at ya later.
Semper Fi!!!
Old 04-21-2012, 03:28 PM   #4
nutpn
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

would the freedom mode help it or do I need to leave it in steep hill (2 beeps)
Old 04-21-2012, 06:11 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Sounds like the problem you are having is with a lack of power to climb a small hill. Leave the cart in the steep hill mode.

Unless readings were taken fresh off of the charger, my guess from your readings is that you have 6 8v batteries in the cart.
In any case the last battery is 2v below the rest and is likely your first suspect to a lack of power.
Good luck.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:22 PM   #6
nutpn
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I just did a reading and 5 are 6.21-6.45,the 6th battery is 5.32,I was thinking I had a 36 volt,from the model and all,batteries has 3 cells each,I appreciate your help,I am just gonna have to get new batteries I guess, so the kids can have somethin to ride,now got to figure out what to sell to get some,thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO