lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-04-2012, 04:06 PM   #1
cs1006
Not Yet Wild

Default electric ezgo

earlier on i had an issue with the cart going right to wide open , we noticed the pointonmeter resistance was out to lunch just installed a new one now it just creeps , the linkage i notice only moves in a 3 inch sweep but the adjustability is like 1 complete turn initially stats at 4.80k and sweepd down to .90 whats the best way to set this up thanks
cs1006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-04-2012, 08:38 PM   #2
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

Default Re: electric ezgo

OK, making some assumptions here on your drive system and installation and you did say EZGO electric....so....most of the potentiometers on EZGO non-ITS systems utilize a 0 - 5k pot and the Club Cars, et.al. use a 5k - 0 potentiometer.

You certain you have the right pot for the job?
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:15 PM   #3
cs1006
Not Yet Wild

I sweeped the new pot from idle at 4.88 to wot at 0,92 ohms thats just on the pot from 12 oclock to 12 oclock when the throttle lever hooked up it sweeps from around 1 oclock to 4 oclock in that span i got 4.88 to 3.20 ohms i think im answering my own question now eh
Old 06-05-2012, 10:59 AM   #4
cs1006
Not Yet Wild

i brought the old pot into the electronics store he said i believe it was pb 6 or something i moved the white wire on the other end thisd morning now it sweeps from 0 idle to 4 88 k being wide open still the same only creeps back to the drawing board i guess
Old 06-05-2012, 01:23 PM   #5
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

If it was running before and the only thing you've changed is the pot, well......

I guess, you can do all the usual....check batteries, cables, terminals. Pack should be ~38v at rest. Each battery s/b ~6.3v.
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:29 PM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I might be barking up the wrong tree, but some carts with Potentiometer throttles had a fixed speed reverse.

Here are drawings showing the current path for Forward and Reverse.
It is a little hard to see on the schematic, but the microswitch shorts across the potentiometer when NC contacts are closed, leaving only the fixed resistor to set reverse speed.

Maybe you've got the microswitches wired a bit strange.

Just a suggestion.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:15 PM   #7
cs1006
Not Yet Wild

Pggroves is right reversed the wires it sweeps 0 to 4.88 now im trying to document as much as i can for others also, anyways it runs on its own steam now there was a post earlier on that mentioned these pot switces were a bit fussy thyre right I was moving the pot in increments its not bad now, newest develpoment was it started shuttering to take off , batteries were lull charge last night i went to grab a cable on the motor frekken near burnt my finger off so i guess i will clean a bunch of connections after dinner , it looked like this cart was sitting for awhile any ways will post findings
Old 06-06-2012, 01:10 PM   #8
cs1006
Not Yet Wild

One last chance at success the she gets parted out hahahaa. My one connection was getting hot to the touch on the motor so i pulled all the connections off on the motor , cleaned them put them all back , seems to be good now . meter shows 37.5 at the connector and each battry shows around 6.3 . if you drive this for 1 to 2 minutes seems as though it gets slower and slower , then u park it and try it an hour or so later its like its rejuvinated it self , can the motor be checked for draw , im getting alitlle confused here now , still going forward though , solenoid wont do that would it, maybe controller pooched
Old 07-08-2012, 07:17 PM   #9
cs1006
Not Yet Wild

All points bull. the cart successfully made it around the block approx .5km , thanks to JohnnieB got 90 percentof this cart all sorted out , Microswitch 2 was nfg Johnnie thanks for that wiring pic . Only concern now is that it back to one speed in forward and reverse wide open i can lay 2 ft rubber in forward and reverse ive rechecked everythingas far as contacts terminals all cables upgradedill leave it if its a needlein a hay stack the onlything i mention is it has nothing to do with microswitch number 1 eh thats the only part i haventchanged
Old 07-25-2012, 05:00 PM   #10
cs1006
Not Yet Wild

I thinkin these carts are pretty finicky , Ide like to ask the experts hopefully a relevant question , all of the existing problems revolve around the pot switch imve installed the third one these switches are matched up at the electronics store on the bench are regisering 0 to 5000 k ohms resistance. with everything installed in the housing on the throttle linkage ive noticed the pot switch only moves from about 1 oclock to 5 oclock per say on the arm , are u guys wanting to see 0 to 5 k in that range or does the pot switch have to be 0 to 5k on the bench in a full sweep anyone understand this , mine works perfect once then it always seems to be another reading

Tags
new 0 to 5k pot
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO