lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-28-2012, 11:52 AM   #21
tyhuck
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 86 Marathon Hunting Buggy Build

Me either
tyhuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-28-2012, 03:22 PM   #22
rlw
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Location: Southeast Ohio -- "The Toenails of the Foothills of Appalachia"

I'm in the process of installing new low-power wiring on my '84. Got all of the 4 gauge stuff hooked up last night. The problem I have is there are 3 or 4 slightly different versions of resistor cart wiring diagrams floating around, PLUS, someone who had the cart before me got, shall we say, slightly creative with the wiring.

I can read a schematic and pretty much understand what it's doing, so I'm gonna wire it up and hope for no sparks!

Good luck with yours. If you see a small mushroom cloud rising from southeast Ohio this weekend, I wasn't successful.

RLW
rlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:32 PM   #23
tyhuck
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Woo Hoo!!! New solenoid, new speed control board and contacts, and new forward/reverse switch. She';ll get up and go now. Even did some scratches in loose gravel. Never done that before. Cant wait till I can get the rest of my new 4g cables and new batteries.
Old 10-19-2012, 07:32 PM   #24
tyhuck
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

OK, Its been a while, but Ive been busy and money has been tight. Finally got it finished.... Well, phase 1 anyway (phase 2 is 48v and Solid State electronics, but that will be a few years now)

Also, since my pictures got screwed up on photobucket, Ill do a recap to the best of my memory.

Here is is when I got it,

Then came the lift,

Then it got a good cleanup and frame-off restoration. Here it is cleaned and half assembled

Assembled and painted

Then all the stuff I didnt take pictures of.

First, I decided I didnt like the black look, so I shot it with some ultra-flat beige. Then I put on New seat covers, all electronics replaced, new 4g cables, new front and rear racks, New batteries, painted the wheels and wrapped in 22" rubber.

Then finished it off with a few stickers. Here is what it looks like now.

The back tires are very aggressive,

But, I figured that I didnt need that for the front since its not 4wd anyway. I also added a hood ornament.

Then I installed a couple of battery meters to keep up with the charge of my carts power source as well as the extra battery that runs my lights.

The only thing i need to figure out now is wether or not to add a 2" spacer to the front or not. The rear has a spacer on ii to clear the leaf springs. The front didnt really need them, but It may help look better. Would it make it any harder to turn?

Here is what the front looks like,

and the back,

What do you think.
Old 10-19-2012, 07:38 PM   #25
Gonkulor
Astronautilator

E-Z-GO

Looking good man! What size spacer is on the back? You could add another inch to the back and move the rear spacers to the front. I think that would still look good.
Gonkulor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:37 PM   #26
tyhuck
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

he back has 2" spacers, but I dont want to go any wider, just because I dont want to get too wide for my trailer.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:24 PM   #27
red848
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hey guys quick question. Is it because that I am a new member, less than 30 days old, is why I don't see pictures? I see a few posts of interest to me, but no pictures. There are some threads i can see the pics that are there, but like this post I don't?
red848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:28 PM   #28
brylee
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

where did you find the rear fender flares for this cart? i have a 92, and aftermarket parts are scarce...
brylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:47 PM   #29
tyhuck
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

My flares are stock. They came on the cart when I got it. I am concidering some custom metal flares mare from 1/2" conduit and some 20g sheet metal.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO