lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-15-2012, 12:11 PM   #1
boggie4106
Not Yet Wild

Default forward and reverse switch

I have a EZGO Textron with Date of 08m95. The forward and reverse switch is broke. I can not find one. I would like to know can I put a three -way switch in to make it go forward and reverse? I also would like a wiring diagram also.

Thanks
boggie4106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-16-2012, 04:23 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: forward and reverse switch

Welcome to BGW!

EZGO made a lot of different type carts in 1995. Enter your serial number on the website and it'll tell you what you've got. (Maybe)
http://www.shopezgo.com/customer-ser...ialNumber.html

I'm just guessing, but it's most likely to be a '95 Medalist with a series wound motor, so total drive current flows through the F/R switch and if you can't find one, you haven't looked in right spot.
Here is a source for heavy duty F/R switches.
http://www.cartsunlimited.net/F_R_Switch_Upgrades.html

After you figure out what you've got, check the stickies at the top of this forum for schematics and manuals.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:20 AM   #3
boggie4106
Not Yet Wild

Thanks,
I got up with the EZGO golf crst store and they told me to buy a rocket panel switch. They also sent me dirctions on how to rewire it. Thanks for you help anyway.
boggie4106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 11:06 AM   #4
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

All the information you were asking for was posted here on this site well over a year ago including a diagram which one of our site sponsors (thanks ScottyB) was kind enough to clean up and make look more professional than the crude hand drawing I had origionally posted.....

Glad the local cart store was willing to assist you, but keep in mind, the people on this site are here 24/7 and will help you out far more than your local store is likely to.......
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO