lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-16-2012, 08:49 AM   #1
txhoss
Not Yet Wild

Default PDS or Series Which is best for me?

First a little history. I now have my first cart a 2001 (early) 36 volt that is PDS, old style steering. I have done a few mods. Now I am bit by the bug. I wanna build a new cart. I want TORQUE. My RV park has a 10mph limit. I will be doing alot of slow driving. However I want to have more just for the fun bursts when I feel froggy. I know this much. I want the new steering. I will be installing a lift kit, 23" tires, 12 inch wheels, rear seat, plan on going to 48 volt upgrade. I understand a series has a 2hp stock and the PDS has a 4hp? I will be putting a hitch on the cart to pull my aluminum Bass Tracker in and out of the lake. WHEELIES would be AWESOME. I am a TORQUE junkie. So my question is with this in mind what cart should I start with? I was thinking series but the golf cart shops and dealers around here (Dallas Texas) all steer me to the PDS with controller,Solenoid, cables, possible motor upgrades. I want to build this from frame up and just do this once. I need advice from other cart junkies like myself.
txhoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-16-2012, 09:37 AM   #2
Hypersprint
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: PDS or Series Which is best for me?

Hey Hoss,

Get the best of both worlds, the looks of an EZGO TXT with the torque and wheelie power of a series motor and 29mph

2008 EZGO PDS to Series conversion
Hypersprint is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO