lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2012, 08:56 AM   #11
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: brakes vibrate and "bounce" violently

that shifting and braking problem are your leaf spring bushings missing ;)
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-06-2012, 10:38 AM   #12
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Are these bushings only on the rear?
Are they ez to ?

where would you suggest I get them?
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:44 AM   #13
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

These are located on both the front and rear of your rear leaf springs where the eyelets are there supposed to rubber bushings with a metal sleeve in the rear and just bushings in the front...Pretty easy to change just jack rear up, put on stands, put jack under diff housing, take loose leaf springs in rear...change bushings and re-attach loosely...then take loose in front and repeat...you can find them at any ez go dealer or check site sponsers link at top of page ;)
Old 07-11-2012, 11:34 AM   #14
MBD02
Not Yet Wild

In the last picture you posted there looks like a broke weld at the top of the lift block/spacer. That could definitely cause some issues.
MBD02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 04:17 PM   #15
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

MBD02 : You are very observant! I read your post, then went out and looked under the cart. And sure as sh##, the weld was broken. The weld not only was broke, it came completly loose.
When I jacked the cart up, the top part of the weld ( flat plate) went up and the bottom half of the weld, stayed behind.

Thanks sooo much for that! I am looking for someone to weld it for me. I went to a local fab shop, and they said no, its too small of a job. I am still looking now.

I hope that was the problem with the brajes, but won't know until I get it welded and back together. I will keep you posted.
Can't wait to find out.

Thanks again
Old 07-13-2012, 09:29 AM   #16
MBD02
Not Yet Wild

You could try to find some long Ubolts and that would hold it together.
MBD02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:14 AM   #17
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

That crossed my mind yeaterday. Actually, I thought about cutting some threaded rod pieces long enough to go thru all the pieces, but didn't want to make the cart look amatureish. Since I am selling the cart.

I went and had knee surgery yesterday, so I am down for a week or two before I can crawl under the cart and check things out. My wife thinks 2 to 6 weeks, But next week when she goes to work, I will roll under there and see what I see

I cannot believe, all the times i have been under this cart trying to fix this brake issue, that i never saw the weld. I took the brakes apart and cleaned everything, adjusted brake pedal and cables, etc etc. Even took pictures, which I will do from now on, for observant eyes like yours.

I will check back and let you know what happens. I hate when i read a long thread where guys are trying to help people diagnose their problem, and the guys don't check back in and put closure to the thread. Leaves others hanging, and is kind of selfish towards the great people on here that are always helping.

Ok, I pushed my soap box in the corner with my one good leg.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:20 AM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Adding the conclusion helps future readers who are seeking solutions. It adds to the BGW useful archives. Thank you for thinking of this.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:50 AM   #19
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

[QUOTE=I will check back and let you know what happens. I hate when i read a long thread where guys are trying to help people diagnose their problem, and the guys don't check back in and put closure to the thread. Leaves others hanging, and is kind of selfish towards the great people on here that are always helping.

Ok, I pushed my soap box in the corner with my one good leg.[/QUOTE]
Old 07-13-2012, 10:50 AM   #20
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

well you get the idea lol
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO