lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-10-2012, 09:58 AM   #1
hot rod
Getting Wild

Default need help on 08 ezgo

i have an ezgo 08 pds 36 volt i engaged the reverse and applied power and i heard a popping sound and the cart stopped moving i then engaged forward motion and the cart would not move. when trying to move in any direction the motor runs but the cart will not move. there is a clicking sound like the motor is trying to engage. i need help i do not know where to start. i was wondering if there is a key or safety pin that might have snapped that engages the motor to the axle. please help

hot rod
hot rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-10-2012, 10:15 AM   #2
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: need help on 08 ezgo

when you say the motor moves...do you hear it physically moving or are you hearing a loud grinding noise?
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:31 AM   #3
hot rod
Getting Wild

i should have said the cart tries to move looking at another post that sounded like what happened to my cart i think the hub might have striped. but not sure. if the hub is striped where do i find hub and what size?
Old 07-10-2012, 10:36 AM   #4
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

thats exactly what i was about to say...a loud grinding usually comes from a spun hub on an EZ Go....Any EZ Go dealer should carry one or you can check the site sponsers link at the top of this page to order online...part # is 19186-G1 from EZ Go...you can take the hub off and easily see if the splines are stripped, these carts are designed to do this in case they are overloaded or thrown from rev to forward to protect rear gears/axles
Old 07-10-2012, 11:05 AM   #5
hot rod
Getting Wild

talked to a cart mechanic on cell said it was probally the hub. said has had a lot of hub replacements this summer. i think the problem has been found. druther replace a hub than gears and shafts. thanks for your help hot rod
Old 07-10-2012, 11:10 AM   #6
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Anytime...
Old 07-10-2012, 11:11 AM   #7
hot rod
Getting Wild

i have another ? i have had the car since april 2012 and when in reverse and the cart starts to move you here a popping sound. it has always done this since i have owned it. never has made this sound in the forward motion. is this normal for ezgo or was something not right when i bought it.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:16 AM   #8
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Popping sound def isn't normal, one thing you can check is the rear end bushings that are on both the front and back of your leaf springs...if they are worn or missing it can cause this...
Old 07-10-2012, 11:26 AM   #9
hot rod
Getting Wild

thanks i will check on the bushing thanks again
Old 07-14-2012, 06:00 PM   #10
hot rod
Getting Wild

put new hub on working great. the popping sound has stopped. the hub was almost smooth. no teeth. i believe the hub was worn when i purchased the cart.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO