lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-24-2012, 05:22 PM   #1
wylievance
Not Yet Wild

Default 4x4

How can i make my 1998 dcs ezgo golf cart 4x4 easily and cheap
wylievance is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-24-2012, 05:27 PM   #2
Hypersprint
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 4x4

If you want easy Imaginative Manufacturing

If you want cheap, build it yourself, take lots of pictures and post them here
Hypersprint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:44 PM   #3
roady89
nimda
Club Car

easy and cheap can't be used in the same sentence. You'll basically replace every piece of running gear on the cart. (no your motor/controller wont work)
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:46 PM   #4
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I bought a Bad Boy Buggy front drive axle for my cart. I figure the cheapest way to get it running is to parallel another drive circuit. I need a matching 8hp motor and maybe twin Alltrax 4855s. I dropped about $750 buying and shipping the axle itself. A matching motor will be maybe another $400. Twin 4855 controllers will be about $1000. Will it be cheaper than buying a $10k Bad Boy Buggy? Yes, but the overall cost of the conversion will not be inexpensive by any means.

Oh, I almost forgot... I want a pair of front springs about 4" longer than stock. I am also collecting parts to build a CJ3 nose for it. Longer springs will help to get the proportion to look right. Honestly, nothing about it will be easy or cheap. Good luck with your build!
kab69440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 04:29 AM   #5
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Wow! Are you still working on this? I assume you'll need two ITSs and getting them to output the same value to each controller seems questionable, but maybe this isn't important unless you're creeping in 4WD mode.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 07:17 AM   #6
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I was going to try running a lead to each controller from the single ITS. Seems like if they are run parallel the one inductor will give both controllers the same value. What can happen? It doesn't work? Still lots of (expensive) stuff to buy before I try it. Since I have a pair of perfectly good stock motors, I'll probably just use those to see if it works. I also need to lift the rear of the cart about 4.5". That is how much higher the BBB axle is than the stock axle.
One thing I do need is another complete controller harness.
kab69440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO