lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-06-2012, 08:18 PM   #1
Big Johnson
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default What to do..

I have a late 80's textron resistor cart that was in minor need of a few used parts and a backseat with a few more leafs under it as well as bracketry for a top, going to make my own carpenter special top out of wood so I can add stereo head unit and integrate a few small speaker boxes, possibly a misting system for the 115* Arizona river weather.

I bought a 1990 I think its a marathon with electric controller.

I put the good parts on the cart I've had for a while, and the beater parts on the donor just so they're not laying around.

Don't know whether or not to scrap out the clunker with this controller or find some used batteries and have a desert thrash cart and also a nice pavement river cart. Maybe implement a brigs and stratton and weld a sprocket on the electric motor shaft... I'm pretty crafty with making all sorts of contraptions working metal and wood.

Sorry for the long post, would this donor's controller be a good upgrade for my main cart or not worth the hassle?

Pictured is the donor. Rough shape, but complete. I sold the 100 year old batteries for $100 and easily got 400 worth of parts so I am already ahead with my other project by couple hundred bux.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1346980494413.jpg (99.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1346980576372.jpg (51.6 KB, 0 views)
Big Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-06-2012, 08:22 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What to do..

Find some batteries and clean her up, she's not that bad, somebody will love her.
If you are crafty build a cargo box on the back... she can work on the ranch or?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:37 PM   #3
Big Johnson
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

More concerned with multiple cooler racks.

I can use the batteries from my other cart to verify it will move itself. I like the idea of using gas power for this one low-budget style, but somehow I think I will spend well over my budget, not have reverse and wishing I had stealth mode.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-07-2012, 02:02 AM   #4
Big Johnson
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Ok. I'm gonna keep it electric.

I know that you can't match the torque of an electric motor, bear with me, had a couple beers. I like things quiet and tourquey.

Now, my main cart is a resistor. I have a sentimental value in it... Am I better off swapping internals with an electric controller into my main cart?

Sent from my fone using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-07-2012, 01:46 PM   #5
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What to do..

Changing it to a controller will give you a lot more range! Your battery power won't be used up to make heat. If your willing to do some labor work and a teense of fabrication, I'd go for it!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO