lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-05-2012, 07:28 PM   #1
n3phf2
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2001 PDS Slight buzz, no move

I have model D401 and understand this is a 2001 cart. I was going along fine, newly charged batteries, I was going down a hill, paved road, and after it leveled off, I pushed the accelerator and it locked the wheels. When I push the pedal, it just makes a slight buzz and does not try to move. The only way I could tow it back was to put it in the tow position. The fwd/rev switch is located on the dash. I charged the battery and then disconnected to try to reset it. Also, the cart has the chip jumper to hill with mild brake. It was braking going down the hill, but as soon as I hit the pedal, it locked up . I owned it 2 days. I traded my club car for it. Any ideas on what to look for. I am guessing the controller is bad. I still have to get into the project. same buzz in fwd or rev. and it does not move. This just happened. Serial number 1363502, model D401 27647-G01. Thanks Greg
n3phf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-06-2012, 08:51 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2001 PDS Slight buzz, no move

Welcome to BGW!

This is what your serial number says you've got.

Search Results

Make: TXT
Type: Electric 36 V
Model: TXT Standard (PDS)
Year: 2001

------------
You can download the Owner, Service and Parts manuals for the stickies.

They are the .pdf files in this sticky: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...g-manuals.html

-------------

It might be something simple like a loose connection, but it could be a controller.
Best to do some troubleshooting instead of randomly throwing money at it.

Where is the slight buzz coming from?

Does the solenoid click when the pedal is pushed?

What is the pack voltage?

Let us know the answers to those questions and we'll go from there.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:21 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Could be the motor, too, based on you description of a long or steep downhill regen input and subsequent failure.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:28 AM   #4
rib33024

Yeah, how fast do you think you were going down this steep hill??, before it locked up
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:11 AM   #5
n3phf2
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Well, I would guess I was going 10 MPH, the auto braking was slowing it down.When it started to slow on its own, i hit the pedal to go. I know this is done in the motor. The buzz is coming from under the seat, And yes, the relay is clicking strong. I think I remember measuring the battery at the time on pushing the pedal, and I got 35. something that is low. drawing lots of currant I guess. I will need to go back to the cart to be sure. I would have never thought the motor. Thanks for the ideas and input. I guess the best thing to do is bring it home from camp so I can talk and answer you intelligent. I was thinking this may be common and bing, bang, boom, get the part and put it in.. Oh well. I will have the cart here in 2 weeks and get back to you all. The buzz was from under or behind the batteries if I remember. Thanks again...
Old 11-06-2012, 11:15 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3phf2 View Post
Well, I would guess I was going 10 MPH, the auto braking was slowing it down.When it started to slow on its own, i hit the pedal to go. I know this is done in the motor. The buzz is coming from under the seat, And yes, the relay is clicking strong. I think I remember measuring the battery at the time on pushing the pedal, and I got 35. something that is low. drawing lots of currant I guess. I will need to go back to the cart to be sure. I would have never thought the motor. Thanks for the ideas and input. I guess the best thing to do is bring it home from camp so I can talk and answer you intelligent. I was thinking this may be common and bing, bang, boom, get the part and put it in.. Oh well. I will have the cart here in 2 weeks and get back to you all. The buzz was from under or behind the batteries if I remember. Thanks again...
You can hope it is a cable connection to the motor but, that regen produces a lot of heat in the motor & the controller as well.
P.S. The only thing behind the batteries is the motor... if you wrench on the motor connections use 2 wrenches and hold the bottom nut still to keep from spinning the stud!
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:21 AM   #7
n3phf2
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the tip.. I will get back to everyone in a few weeks on what I find... Thanks again...
Old 12-03-2012, 12:08 PM   #8
n3phf2
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Update and FIX. Well the hard part was taking the roof loose, then the truck bed off the back to get to the motor. I had zero volts there when the pedal was pushed, but heard the buzz. I then unbolted the controller to get to the solenoid. To my surprise, I saw the nut on the relay was not tight, causing heat, and that melted 2 wires that run along side the solenoid to the post of the solenoid. I un-melted the mess, ( cut the plastic and spread the wires apart) and it worked. I then re-dressed the cables, cleaned and tightened the solenoid and re-assembled everything. Away it went. Works and NO COST, just time... I hope this may help someone. Greg
Old 12-03-2012, 01:43 PM   #9
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Gotta love the freebees ..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO