lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-02-2012, 07:59 PM   #1
blake1314
Not Yet Wild

Default 1991 3-Wheel Marathon

Hello -
New to this site but i bought a 1991 3Wheel Marathon this morning. it is in really rough shape. Lots of dings and dents and the whole front clip is cock-eyed. First thing i wanted to ask is where can i get a front clip for my 3-wheel? I have been searching the web and i found a couple i just wanted to make sure it will fit properly. Also i have yet to turn it on, i am awaiting a part for the charger. Is there anything i need to do to make sure the batteries are still in working condition. They have some corrosion, i did check the water level and the batteries seem like they have enough water. I guess i just want to know what to do before i charge it and for how long should i charge it? Are there any good websites that have parts for a decent price. This is just a project for me since i only spent $150 on the cart i dont want to spend an arm and a leg.

Thanks!
blake1314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-02-2012, 08:51 PM   #2
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1991 3-Wheel Marathon

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake1314 View Post
Hello -
New to this site but i bought a 1991 3Wheel Marathon this morning. it is in really rough shape. Lots of dings and dents and the whole front clip is cock-eyed. First thing i wanted to ask is where can i get a front clip for my 3-wheel? I have been searching the web and i found a couple i just wanted to make sure it will fit properly. Also i have yet to turn it on, i am awaiting a part for the charger. Is there anything i need to do to make sure the batteries are still in working condition. They have some corrosion, i did check the water level and the batteries seem like they have enough water. I guess i just want to know what to do before i charge it and for how long should i charge it? Are there any good websites that have parts for a decent price. This is just a project for me since i only spent $150 on the cart i dont want to spend an arm and a leg.

Thanks!
I would take all your battery cables off ( one by one ) and clean both the cable terminal and the battery post to bright metal, then reinstall. Don't tighten the nuts real tight! You will damage the battery post! Good and snug with a short wrench or nutdriver is good. Do this before you charge the cart. It will enable the cart to charge properly. Don't even attempt to drive the cart until you charge it first. The charge may take 12-16hrs if the cart has been idle for over 6 months.
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:05 PM   #3
blake1314
Not Yet Wild

thank you i will do that.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:06 PM   #4
blake1314
Not Yet Wild

is there a home remedy to get the corrosion off?
Old 12-02-2012, 09:17 PM   #5
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I just use a low flow from a water hose. Be careful not to get the water on the motor or other electronics. ( if your cart has them ) If you have some real bad build ups, just let the water run slowly on it for awhile. The deposits will dissolve eventually. If you want to scrape some off, be careful and wear eye protection! Also be careful of metal tools around the batteries! There is a lot of power stored in them!!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:28 AM   #6
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

When I wear out a toothbrush, it gets demoted to garage duty. It's not as aggressive as a wire brush, but as mentioned above, it's best to keep metallic tools away from the batteries, especially ones that may leave little wire bristles behind.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO