lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-01-2013, 01:15 PM   #1
devybob
Gone Wild

Default Back up buzzer NG

My back up buzzer stopped working,but here's the thing. When I installed a new alltrax controller the buzzer become so loud that I put a piece of tape over it to muffle the sound somewhat,shortly after that it stopped working . I checked to see if there was a voltage change at the 2 wires attached to the buzzer when I went into reverse before I ordered a new one but there was voltage at all,now I'm stuck because I don't know how it works,so I don't know where to start. I ordered a new buzzer anyway. Happy New Year!
devybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-01-2013, 01:24 PM   #2
seulater
Getting Wild

Default Re: Back up buzzer NG

Quote:
I went into reverse before I ordered a new one but there was voltage at all,
Are you saying there was voltage there or there was not voltage there.
seulater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:14 AM   #3
mike45dfw
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I put electrical tape over the end of the alarm. That brought the sound level down to a point where it can be heard, but at a very low level. When I start to reassemble the cart, I will need to investigate the reason the fwd/rev linkage is so hard to operate.
mike45dfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:20 AM   #4
chad23
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Where is the buzzer? Mine drives me crazy.
chad23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:23 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The Ezgo F&Rs get hard to operate as they wear. Years of copper dust clog the works as the contacts wear down. You might have some luck with a good dousing of WD40 and some lube on the linkages. Synthetic or dielectric grease can be used to lube the contacts and center pivot shaft. If you dismantle it be sure to get proper tension on switch cam. (big center nut) Otherwise a replacement HD F&R should fix you up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F&R-Exploded-View-for-print.jpg (133.1 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:38 AM   #6
devybob
Gone Wild

I think we got off the track here.I have a western( similar to a ezgo) with a dash mounted back up switch that works fine. My problem is that I don't have any current to the buzzer in back up mode or in forward.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:48 AM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by devybob View Post
My back up buzzer stopped working,but here's the thing. When I installed a new alltrax controller the buzzer become so loud that I put a piece of tape over it to muffle the sound somewhat,shortly after that it stopped working . I checked to see if there was a voltage change at the 2 wires attached to the buzzer when I went into reverse before I ordered a new one but there was voltage at all,now I'm stuck because I don't know how it works,so I don't know where to start. I ordered a new buzzer anyway. Happy New Year!
The piezoelectric alarm module is polarized, so it will only work when the wires are connected properly.

In your Western golf cart, I'm pretty sure it gets B+ (42V) from the solenoid's battery side main terminal, which would be hot all the time.
The other side of the Sonalert is connected to B- through the controller (Pin-3 on the DCX400 and J1 Pin-10 on the adapter)

With your DVM negative test lead attached to the battery pack's main negative terminal, you should read battery pack voltage on both of the beeper's terminals when the beep should be silent and only on the + terminal when it should be sounding.

Or at least that is my guess, I don't have a schematic for a Western.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:50 AM   #8
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by devybob View Post
I think we got off the track here.I have a western( similar to a ezgo) with a dash mounted back up switch that works fine. My problem is that I don't have any current to the buzzer in back up mode or in forward.
Our posts crossed.

Trace the wire on the beeper's + terminal back to the battery side of the solenoid, or wherever is picks up B+ from.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:12 PM   #9
mike45dfw
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

thanks for the parts breakdown pic
mike45dfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:22 PM   #10
devybob
Gone Wild

I'll trace that wire tomorrow, since I want to keep the batteries disconnected till then for an experiment.I believe I'm getting a battery drain so with everything disconnected I'll be able to tell more or at least have a starting point.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO