lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-02-2013, 10:32 PM   #11
URBANNGUERILLA
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Talking Re: Motor/controller/battery/everything questions....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpnoffi View Post
Hi Urban,
Sounds like you are relatively new to electric carts, as am I. I just scored a 96 TXT that needed EVERYTHING. I called ScottyB and he was more than happy to spend WAY too long teaching me things over the phone. I ended up ordering the Alltrax AXE 4855 500 amp programmable controller, Scottyb's heavy duty F&R switch, 2 ga cables, and super heavy duty solenoid. I chose this set up because it would allow me to go further than I plan to go (for now...) and I could move to a 48v set up with only the addition of 2 batteries and their cables. So far I am loving it. major diference as compared to how it was when I bought it. It's still slow, but I can slightly lift my front wheels off of the ground when I "punch it" now (and I am running 25" atv tires with aftermarket 12" wheels).

Either way, give ScottyB a call. Great guy, site sponsor and very willing to help.
good luck! http://www.cartsunlimited.net/
I seen that picture a couple days ago and was very impressed with your wheel and tire selection. That thing looks raw man. Unfortunately I am not a fabricator by nature, and with no welding experience I would probably not be able to do an 8" lift like you have. (I think yours was an 8inch lift, w/o going back to look) Either way it looks really nice. I plan on upgrading my cables, controller, HD FNR, solenoid, 48v upgrade and all that, but it will be piece by piece because I don't have an unlimited budget.

I am very new to the whole GC customs thing, but I am learning. I kind of wish I had someone close by that I could haul my cart over occasionally and them assist (or at least supervise) me on some of this stuff, but it won't be the first time I have had to figure something out! I'm sure after a couple of weeks I will feel a lot less nervous about taking things apart. It's kind of like when you first get your concealed weapons permit.. you CONSTANTLY worry about "printing". Eventually you don't worry about it because you are comfortable with the weapon becoming a part of your life, and the fact that occasionally a "bulge" may be clearly visible to anyone paying attention. You just get used to it or comfortable with it.

However, I'm not sure how comfortable I will ever get with electricity, but I know I will have to deal with it on a golf cart. I have been hit with 480 volts more than once, and that definitely instilled some fear into me about electricity for life. Let me tell you.. if you have not been lucky enough to experience being hit with 480 volts, pass when you get the opportunity. Thankfully I work in the office now. I digress, I'm getting off topic into telling stories.
-----------------
I'm curious.. is there any "main" switch or setting that kills power to everything on the cart? Like a service disconnect?
URBANNGUERILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-02-2013, 11:16 PM   #12
URBANNGUERILLA
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Motor/controller/battery/everything questions....

Do I have an ITS throttle type on a 97 EZ TXT?
Old 01-03-2013, 01:03 AM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

ITS throttle 1994 to present Ezgo
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:55 AM   #14
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yes, there is a disconnect. Remove the negative cable from the end of the pack.
kab69440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:52 AM   #15
URBANNGUERILLA
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by URBANNGUERILLA View Post
Does anyone have experience with the Alltrax SPM models?

http://www.alltraxinc.com/Products_SPM.html

Specifically SPM-48500EZ
There HAS to be someone on this forum who has experience with this new Alltrax SPM controller.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:14 AM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

yes, they are good controls. Most of the glitches are worked out of them now. They put out more sustained power when compared to an AXE control.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:47 AM   #17
URBANNGUERILLA
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
yes, they are good controls. Most of the glitches are worked out of them now. They put out more sustained power when compared to an AXE control.
Finally someone. Thank you Scotty. Do you think you will be adding the SPM w/ solenoid bundle? It seems like they're about the same price as the 4855s.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:26 AM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Yes, I will be adding that this year. My test run is about 6 or 8 months old on the PQ motor, I am waiting on the new D&D motor (in transit) to gather the remaining performance information.
Test vehicle is a 99 Ezgo TXT with 8/6v T245 batteries under the seat. 500a SPM and 400a solenoid setting on 23" tires.

Build thread and SPM introduction here > http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/annou...-controls.html
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO