lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-05-2013, 07:19 PM   #1
EZduzit101
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Stops running for no reason

Maybe I should have left GRANDMOTHER off! Come on guys... Grandmother needs help! EZ Go has been performing fine. Recently charged up. We use it for a yard cart. It will just stop running. You can push the acccelerator to the floor...nothing. Let it set for just a few seconds, and it operates just fine...then it might peter out again...set a few seconds and go again. This is all on flat terrain. Please help! Main thing...I don't want to be taken advantage of, if and when I'm forced to take it in for repairs.
EZduzit101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-06-2013, 09:28 AM   #2
fishb8
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Stops running for no reason

When you push it to the floor and get nothing, does that mean is does not click? or it will not move, or both.
fishb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:06 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Might be a battery problem, they recover slightly when they sit.
What is the voltage dropping to under load (when you go)?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:25 PM   #4
EZduzit101
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for your interest. The cart will be running just fine, then just give up(fizzle out). I press the pedal to the floor, nothing happens, no sounds, clicking, nothing. In a matter of seconds, I press the pedal to the floor and it runs again. Hope you can help.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:33 PM   #5
EZduzit101
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for your reply scottyb. I just got back from a ride. I do not have a digital SOC on the cart, so I connected a digital volt meter. When I made the connection it read 38v. During the entire ride, it pretty much stayed on 36v, only dropping to 34-35 if on a very slight incline. It did fizzle out on me twice for just a couple of seconds and when it did the voltmeter read 37v. When I pressed the pedal down to go, it kind of jumped then rode fine. I don't hear any clicking or noise of any kind. Nothing feels or smells hot. Hope you can help.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:25 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Sounds like something is becoming intermittent. This will require some investigation on your part. These types of problems can be the hardest to find. Get your meter and start driving, stop go back forward. Mix it up until it stops. That is when you can look for your problem. Which drive system did you say it was?
Old 02-06-2013, 08:23 PM   #7
EZduzit101
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

scottyb... Series Drive System.My cart has NO toggle switch on the Controller Cover. The Forward/Reverse Lever is next to my right knee. I might add one thing...for some time now(several months) I've noticed there is NO audible reverse warning sound when I put the cart in reverse. I haven't addressed that, since the cart is just used around the house. Is this an easy fix? Would this have anything to do with the problem I am having now? Thanks in advance.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:43 PM   #8
subby44
Gone Wild
Club Car

I do not mean to be jumping in on someone elses thread... scottyb knows way more on carts than i do... I however had about the same problem you are having now... It was in the forward/reverse switch.. my cart just had a lose conection.. I fixed that and never had the problem again... hope this helps... listen to scottyb...
subby44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:55 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The F&R is suspect until proven good. There are about 6 things that could cause this, I like to wait until it won't go and then start tracing the solenoid activation circuit...... assuming the solenoid does not click when it won't go? If it does click then the high amperage side of the drive system may be at fault (F&R, cable connections, even controller, etc)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ezgo Series solenoid activation diagram.jpg (107.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-06-2013, 10:02 PM   #10
EZduzit101
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for jumping in. The least I can do is check the connections on the F/R switch.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO