lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-06-2013, 08:44 PM   #11
RESCUEMEDIC13
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Personal keyswich

The one i Purchased is a three position switch. 1st position is off, 2nd position is igntion, 3rd is ignition with lights. What i did was turn the switch to the second position and find the wire switched hot. I did not use the third wire, just tied it back with wire tie out of the way with electrical tape covering it.. Hope this helps. This worked for me becasue my cc only had a two pole switch
RESCUEMEDIC13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-06-2013, 08:51 PM   #12
azTony
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I am just looking at the schematic and correct me if I am wrong but isn't there 36v going through the switch? So if it is a 3 position switch you need a voltage reducer on the switched output, or am I missing something?
azTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:25 AM   #13
Rickochet
Card Carrying Old Fart

E-Z-GO

deleted
Rickochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:32 AM   #14
azTony
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

????
Old 03-07-2013, 10:27 AM   #15
Rickochet
Card Carrying Old Fart

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by azTony View Post
????
If this pertains to the above deleted post, I deleted it because it was duplicate info I had already posted on page 1 regarding the 4 terminal EZGO switch with lights.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:24 AM   #16
azTony
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I understand there are 4 terminal switches, I have one. What I want is a unique key switch and the Harley barrel key switches are ideal.

What I do not know is how to wire up the 3 terminal switch for ignition and lights through the switch. It does not seem possible but others say they have done it unless I misunderstood.

Just trying to learn. Thanks for your reply.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:40 AM   #17
Rickochet
Card Carrying Old Fart

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by azTony View Post
I understand there are 4 terminal switches, I have one. What I want is a unique key switch and the Harley barrel key switches are ideal.

What I do not know is how to wire up the 3 terminal switch for ignition and lights through the switch. It does not seem possible but others say they have done it unless I misunderstood.

Just trying to learn. Thanks for your reply.
You can get a unique key with lights for the EZGO but they aren't cheap at about $70. I wonder if you took the switch you have to a locksmith if they could change the pins inside to make it a unique switch?

I am puzzled about the Harley Switch also. I guess that you could get the 36v load voltage from the switch and use a voltage reducer to get the 12v for the lights. But, by the time you buy the reducer you are probably past the EZGO switch cost.

Edited: After rereading Resuemedic's post it is possible that he is only using it for ignition and no lights.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:45 AM   #18
Catadjuster78
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I too am interested in having a "unique" key. I have found several key switches that would work for the 36v/48v system however I have not figured out how to use 1 switch that keeps the 12v circuit seperate from the 36v/48v circuit. I am almost to the point of having two key switches. One for lights, stereo, etc and the other for the drive system.
Catadjuster78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:33 PM   #19
Rickochet
Card Carrying Old Fart

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catadjuster78 View Post
I too am interested in having a "unique" key. I have found several key switches that would work for the 36v/48v system however I have not figured out how to use 1 switch that keeps the 12v circuit seperate from the 36v/48v circuit. I am almost to the point of having two key switches. One for lights, stereo, etc and the other for the drive system.
I have one on my 36v TXT, which was mentioned on page 1 of this thread. The switch has 4 terminals - two for 36v and two for 12v which keeps the voltages separate. It is a 3 position switch - off - cart on - cart on with lights. The EZGO part # might be 33639G03.

Here are some links: I am not positive these have the 4 terminals but at least a place to start.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/E-Z-GO-Key-S...0c01d7&vxp=mtr

http://www.shopezgo.com/products/Ign...ly-Keyed).html

http://www.playersgolfcars.com/index...roducts_id=850

http://www.golfcarcatalog.com/produc...ey-Switch.html
Old 03-07-2013, 01:03 PM   #20
azTony
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If someone is interested in buy the 3 position EZGO switch, I will have one for sale pretty soon....
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO