lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-19-2013, 09:39 PM   #1
Delmo Atkins
Not Yet Wild

Default New Batts In PDS/Pitiful Range Advice Needed

One last try before I sell this cart. At witts end!

This is a lifted 36v PDS ezgo 2009 model. When I first purchased the thing in 2011 it would go all day and maybe move a notch or two off the top peg on the SOC meter. It had new batts at the time of purchase. It was great.

In year two, the cart began getting sluggish with reduced range and the lights would dim even going up a slight incline.

I had the cart checked out and was told two batts were bad. I decided to replace all of them since it was in the shop anyway. Now, the cart is pretty much the same even with the new batts performance-wise. I might get 5 miles or so out of it with the last two being a nail biter. Speed is off a bit as well. No motor or controller mods. The soc meter is my only addition.

A couple of hours after charging the pack, voltage is 38.9 and all batts ar 6.5 or 6.4 volts. Wire gauge is listed as size 4 and looks pretty robust. No corrosion. Water is kept topped off. Cables are all tight and tight at the motor as well.

I really like the cart and I like electric, but will trade this for a gas model if I can't resolve the issue. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by Delmo Atkins; 03-19-2013 at 09:40 PM.. Reason: update
Delmo Atkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-19-2013, 09:41 PM   #2
Delmo Atkins
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: New Batts In PDS/Pitiful Range Advice Needed

Forgot to add. Cart rolls freely. Can move it with one hand!
Delmo Atkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:45 AM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New Batts In PDS/Pitiful Range Advice Needed

Welcome to BGW!

I agree, 5 miles with new batteries is pitiful.

You said it was lifted. What size tires are on it?
(It take a lot of amps to turn tall tires)

What is the Amp-Hour rating of the new batteries?
(225AH is standard grade)

Are two of the 6V batteries in the 36V battery pack being used to power the 12V accessories?

Do any of the cables feel hot (or very warm) after the cart is driven?

What are the battery voltages 12 hours after charger shuts off automatically?
What are the battery voltages after about 4 miles. (They will need about 15 minutes to recover to at-rest voltage)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batteries, pds, range, troubleshooting
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO