lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-17-2013, 03:05 PM   #1
GaylordFocker
Not Yet Wild

Default Ezgo txt brakes sticking

I just bought a 96 ezgo txt. I think it is a series. The guy I bought it from had let it sit for 2 years and the brakes are sticking. It will go but when you release the gas you stop automatically. This is my first experience with carts. Also I am going to add a back seat and eventually a lift and tires. With the lift and tires will I have to upgrade the controller etc? The cart will be used a means of transportation for our camping trips. Sorry for the long post. Thanks in advance for any and all help.
GaylordFocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-17-2013, 05:05 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo txt brakes sticking

Enter the serial number in this website and it will tell you what it was when it rolled out of the factory: http://www.shopezgo.com/customer-ser...ialNumber.html
(Also tells you where to look for the serial number)

The service manual in the Stickies is for a later model TXT, but the brakes are the same, so you should be able to repair your cart's brake system using the manual in this post: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...g-manuals.html

If you install taller tires and add a back seat, you will need to upgrade the controller, solenoid, all high current cables cables and F/R switch if it is a series cart.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:06 PM   #3
Springlake
I Believe !!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaylordFocker View Post
I just bought a 96 ezgo txt. I think it is a series. The guy I bought it from had let it sit for 2 years and the brakes are sticking. It will go but when you release the gas you stop automatically. This is my first experience with carts. Also I am going to add a back seat and eventually a lift and tires. With the lift and tires will I have to upgrade the controller etc? The cart will be used a means of transportation for our camping trips. Sorry for the long post. Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Welome to the forum. Many helpful members here. Good luck with your cart.
I just had my brakes drums and shoes off. Jump in and take a look.
M
Springlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:31 PM   #4
GaylordFocker
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys! I will check it out tomorrow. Now I have a new problem. Was riding it this eve and it just stopped so I thought the batteries went dead so I put it on charge for about an hour came back was going to move it to get it out of the yard and it won't do anything. Not sure how old the batteries are...have a buddy that's an electrician going to get him to come check it see if everything is getting power or not. Any other suggestions?
GaylordFocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:17 PM   #5
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

In the Stickies (and linked below), you can download the Owner's, Parts, and Service Manuals, which have exploded diagrams and a whole chapter on brakes.

Owner's, Parts, and Service Manuals:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...g-manuals.html
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO