lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-29-2013, 11:51 AM   #1
jaredb03
Not Yet Wild

Default 1988 EZGO Jerks and Clunks

This is my first post on this forum, but I have been searching for answers for a couple days now with no luck.

Bought my first golf cart and it is an 88 Electric EZGO, and it has a couple minor issues but nothing major. One thing I am concerned with is it jerks pretty bad when you push the pedal from start or while moving if you let off the pedal then push down again. If you slowly push the pedal while stopped it gets to a certain point and then bam jerks and takes off, and no easing into it. There is also a clunk from the engine or something back there cant tell for sure. The guy I bought it from said it started doing that when the solenoid was changed. I don't think he is lying but you never know and I would like to get it fixed. So if anyone has an idea on what it could be please let me know.

Last edited by jaredb03; 04-29-2013 at 11:58 AM.. Reason: Edit
jaredb03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-29-2013, 01:29 PM   #2
jaredb03
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1988 EZGO Jerks and Clunks

Just an update. I thought i had found a wiring diagram that matched my cart but i haven't. Using the "EZGO Resistor cart wiring" in the stickies everything matches mine(That i can read and tell what they are) except a few things. On the FnR switch the left contact goes to the solenoid, and the bottom contact goes to the battery closest to it on the left. So that differs with the diagram that shows the left contact going to the motor, and the bottom contact goes to to top contact on the accelerator switch. Plus on mine the wire coming from the coil resistors goes to the motor.

Also i noticed with the seat off if i push the pedal down to where it jerks and takes off i can see a spark in the coil box. I don't know if this is normal but it seems like it shouldn't do that. Any suggestions?
Old 04-29-2013, 02:52 PM   #3
dmi518
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

i have one that did that it. it was bypassing the first resistor the way it was wired. check wiper board wiring. one of the stickies at the top of this category has a clear diagram.
dmi518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:28 AM   #4
redneck buggies
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Mine done the same thing and the proablem i had was my resistor was burnt in hafe and was jumping to the next stage. hope this helps you out
redneck buggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:43 PM   #5
jaredb03
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneck buggies View Post
Mine done the same thing and the proablem i had was my resistor was burnt in hafe and was jumping to the next stage. hope this helps you out
I think that is what is happening to mine. I mentioned above that i can see a spark coming from the resistor coils and i don't think that is normal. I tried to take the bolts loose on top of the resistor coils and the board started to crack so i ordered a whole new resistor and left it alone so it would at least run til i get the new set.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO