lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-26-2013, 09:36 AM   #1
tomsws6
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default rubbing issue

I have a 99 txt and on the driver side it rubs when and tears up the front body.. I even put some washers (probably 3/4's of an inch worth)in between the frame and shock on the inside and it didnt even raise it one bit. I tried a different shock and have the same issue. If I turn the rod in the shock will it help? Im painting the body tomorrow and its going to tear up the body again. I had to buy some adheasive and clamped it together for 24 hrs and its holding ptetty good.. Any help would be great as Im putting it back together by the middle of tuesday cause were going camping. Im not sure if the leaf is bent or what or if I can put a steel plate under the leaf were it connects to the front frame.
tomsws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-26-2013, 09:49 AM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: rubbing issue

the shocks have nothing to do with lifting the cart, looks like you have bigger tires on your cart?, your going to have to lift the cart at the springs and axle, the only way to get the shocks to help lift the cart, is with helper springs on the shocks
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 12:39 PM   #3
tomsws6
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

So the easiest thing to do is mess with the front leafs?
tomsws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:58 PM   #4
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

if you have a the frt axle lift (not the jakes lift spindle kit) the front axle could be tweaked. I have seen my fair share of them.

the front leafs bend pretty easy also. The bent right at the front axle or where they bolt to the body. Check these places out.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:24 AM   #5
Gonkulor
Astronautilator

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by COURTESYCART View Post
if you have a the frt axle lift (not the jakes lift spindle kit) the front axle could be tweaked. I have seen my fair share of them.

the front leafs bend pretty easy also. The bent right at the front axle or where they bolt to the body. Check these places out.
Agreed. If your looking at the front end that closely you might as well pop the springs off and place them side by side to check.
Gonkulor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 04:45 PM   #6
chloe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The driver side spring is always the first to go. If there is no driver, the cart isn't, (shouldn't be), moving. Cars do the same thing, with time. Replace both front springs and you should be back in business. I learned, from experience, there no use buying used springs or replacing just one.
chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO