lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-17-2013, 05:35 PM   #1
Sessomss
Not Yet Wild

Default Forward/ reverse problems

Electric ezgo runs fine in reverse. When switched to the forwards position the cart want move. If you keep playing between forward and reverse it will eventually go.
Sessomss is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-17-2013, 05:57 PM   #2
chloe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Forward/ reverse problems

What type of drive system? Is your Forward/reverse switch on the dashboard or on the kick panel behind your knees? Under the passenger seat is a black plastic box, (assuming the cart is stock). Does it have a toggle switch marked "run/tow"?
chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:22 PM   #3
as350pilot
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sessomss View Post
Electric ezgo runs fine in reverse. When switched to the forwards position the cart want move. If you keep playing between forward and reverse it will eventually go.
If it's a series cart (F/N/R by your knee, no Tow/Run switch) then you probably need to replace the contact board (EZGO PART NUMBER 14651G1)

If it's a PDS (F/N/R on the dash) then you probably need to replace the switch EZGO PART Number 74323G01
as350pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:24 PM   #4
as350pilot
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by StixNC View Post
I had the same problem and I unhooked the batteries from the tow/run box till I could get time to work on it. Now I have time and when I hooked the batteries back up and got them charged up I have lights front and back but it won't go forward or reverse. I have a dcs cart and the fnr is under knees and it wont even click anymore. What should I check to see why I'm getting partial power but no movement? Btw-its a 98 txt
I would suggest starting your own thread for this as this thread is in support of Sessomss.

You can click the link below for some basic troubleshooting.
Click here for DCS Troubleshooting
as350pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO