lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-24-2013, 02:09 PM   #1
Gbutler23
Not Yet Wild

Default pds no go

Hi, noob here. I've searched the forums and tried some tests but can't figure out the main issue my cart is having.

It's a 2004 ezgo pds stock. Cart was working fine while driving, released accelerator pedal, coasted for a few yards, then tried to accelerate and nothing. Turned key on and off and no forward but reverse buzzer sounded and cart worked in reverse. Placed f/r switch in f and cart continued to go in reverse without buzzer sounding. Backed cart about 1/2 mile back home and ran diagnostic check. Got 2-1 low voltage. This is while not moving. Checked and cleaned cables and terminals and replaced one cable that was corroded. Now it won't go reverse or forward. Buzzer still sounds and still has 2-1 code in diagnostic mode without being under load. I don't hear the solenoid engaging at all now.

Charged batteries 2 days ago and voltage is 38.0.

Just wanted to see if any of you guys with so much knowledge have any ideas or suggestions for me to try.

Thanks for having a great site like this!
Gbutler23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-24-2013, 02:51 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: pds no go

It sounds like controller failure to me. I'll guess it's a stock Curtis control? Going R in F with no movement in F is a fairly common failure. Have you got any upgrades on the cart? Bigger tires? Back seat?

The 2-1 fault code gets thrown out there on solenoid failure sometimes too. So doesn't surprise me if it's thrown on a controller failure.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:53 PM   #3
Rastus
Not Yet Wild

controller
Rastus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:35 PM   #4
Gbutler23
Not Yet Wild

Thank you two for the quick response. I was afraid that it was the controller,but was hoping that you guys would know of something easier and cheaper. Lol. I followed the troubleshooting procedure and it lead to controller failure too. Voltage between battery b- and controller side of solenoid was .4 total not .4 less than battery voltage.

It is stock with no lift kit or backseat but does have 12 inch wheels with low profile tires. They are about the same height as stock. When it quit I had a kayak on the top and two kids on front seat with me.

I guess if it's the controller that's bad, then I'll have to consider a mild upgrade as I do plan on adding a backseat at some point.

Thanks again for your help and any advice on upgrades would be greatly appreciated!
Old 07-25-2013, 08:44 AM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbutler23 View Post
It is stock with no lift kit or backseat but does have 12 inch wheels with low profile tires. They are about the same height as stock. When it quit I had a kayak on the top and two kids on front seat with me.

I guess if it's the controller that's bad, then I'll have to consider a mild upgrade as I do plan on adding a backseat at some point.

Thanks again for your help and any advice on upgrades would be greatly appreciated!
My goal was range, but I got speed and torque also.

With an Alltrax DCX400, 200A solenoid and 4Ga cables, you'll get about 24MPH with near stock height tires at 36V and have plenty of torque to carry passengers and cargo.

If you think you might up the pack voltage in the future go with the 400A solenoid, it works from 36V to 48V.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:52 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The Alltrax 400 is the best upgrade for that cart. The re-manufactured controls don't have a good enough track record to be worth the $ for me. Go new.
Controller and HD solenoid is only $499. You get a 30% increase in torque and 24 mph on the flats
Old 07-25-2013, 09:46 AM   #7
Gbutler23
Not Yet Wild

Thank you! So would the best package for my cart be the Carts unlimited #808? Also, is it better to phone in an order or do it over the net?
Old 07-25-2013, 10:21 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbutler23 View Post
Thank you! So would the best package for my cart be the Carts unlimited #808? Also, is it better to phone in an order or do it over the net?
Pkg 808 is what I was quoting for 30% more torque and 24mph.
Call to order 855-888-2278
Same day shipping
Old 07-25-2013, 11:03 AM   #9
Gbutler23
Not Yet Wild

Ordered. Thank you!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO