lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-01-2014, 10:23 AM   #11
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Get more speed for Club Car Precedent

I put the PQ Bandit on my 09 Excel system. Everything else is stock electronics and speed code 3. My best is 21MPH on flat land with stock tires. My new tires (2" taller should be on today or tomorrow) should get me 1-2 more MPH I'm hoping.
jneubig is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-01-2014, 06:19 PM   #12
Kingman
Gone Wild

So the bottom line is that my 2010 Precedent with speed code 4 which gives me a hair under 20mph is the best l can hope for and with a Bandit l might reach
21 mph at best.

I have the 8.5 tires so if l go to a 10" again l might gain 1 or 2 more mph.

Thanks

Alan
Kingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 06:44 PM   #13
nobogez42
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingman View Post
So the bottom line is that my 2010 Precedent with speed code 4 which gives me a hair under 20mph is the best l can hope for and with a Bandit l might reach
21 mph at best.

Thanks

Alan
Mine did 24mph with just the motor change. Larger wheels, new batteries and 2ga cables got me 3-4 mph more. My results may not be normal, but I will take it. 3 people poted on this thread who have the Bandit. 2 of the 3 got over 25 mph. The other one mentioned he had an excel system. I don't think the excel PQ motor is the same. This could be the difference.
nobogez42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:39 AM   #14
Dale-D
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have 2 carts with stock everythig and one with 23" Mud Geip tires and a PQ Bandit Uograde, it goes 26mph

The other cart has the EMP Motor Upgrade with 21" Lo Profile Street tires and it runs 28mph

Both carts are Club Car Precedents with the EXCEL DRIVE SYSTEM
one with the PQ Bandit is a 2011 the one with the EMP Motor is a 2013

Both carts have good torque and great top speed

Your choice

Dale D
Dale-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 09:55 AM   #15
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
21 mph at best.

Thanks

Alan
I'm not sure what the speed code 4 would do. Maybe you could call PQ and ask. Mine was only running 14-15 before the swap and was 21 on stock height tires (18"). I put the 20" tires on it a few days ago and got 23mph best run. Not quite the 27-28 others are getting, but a huge improvement over the stock numbers. I may run it to the CC dealer in Baton Rouge next week and get the speed code 4 installed. I'm bringing our COPO Camaro to be dynoed, so I will have some down time after I get it out of the trailer. I may also grab a new set of batteries while I'm there too. Mine are early 2011's.
Old 01-04-2014, 01:05 PM   #16
haftafish8780
Getting Wild

Club Car

Sounds great I might just put the assassin on my 2010 precedent with 23" tires when it gets built surly it will get 30mph
haftafish8780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:50 PM   #17
Kingman
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jneubig View Post
I'm not sure what the speed code 4 would do. Maybe you could call PQ and ask. Mine was only running 14-15 before the swap and was 21 on stock height tires (18"). I put the 20" tires on it a few days ago and got 23mph best run. Not quite the 27-28 others are getting, but a huge improvement over the stock numbers. I may run it to the CC dealer in Baton Rouge next week and get the speed code 4 installed. I'm bringing our COPO Camaro to be dynoed, so I will have some down time after I get it out of the trailer. I may also grab a new set of batteries while I'm there too. Mine are early 2011's.
Speed code 4 will give you approx 19.6 mph with stock 8.5 tires

Alan
Kingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 12:13 AM   #18
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Speed code 4 will give you approx 19.6 mph with stock 8.5 tires

Alan
Thanks Alan. I forgot to mention in my last post I have the PQ Bandit installed now and was getting 21 with speed code 3 on stock 18" tires. With my new 20" tires, I got a high of 23. I'm thinking code 4 will get me over 25.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:54 PM   #19
Jiba
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Dale D, do your CC's have the stock Curtis 250 amp controllers in them?
Jiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 07:08 AM   #20
Dale-D
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yes, both of these carts have the STOCK everything and both are set to speed code 3

As of yet, we haven't been able to bypaSS THE NEED FOR THE CODE TO ENABLE SPEED CODE 4

Ric is looking into bypassing ALL SPEED LIMITATIONS that the controller does, but, I am doubtful that he can write some sort of software to the controller to do this, but, he may in fact be able to find the jump for the Speed Code 4 and bypass the code requirements

He is also still looking into upgrading another controller that was donated to us in hopes of adding transistors for more output to the motor
Dale-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car