lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-26-2024, 08:29 AM   #101
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: stock Samsung sdi dead

Outstanding job to TCB, I believe you went an extra mile here in helping another member. This is what I like about this forum.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-28-2024, 08:58 PM   #102
TheCartBoy
WARRANTY VOID

E-Z-GO

Thanks Usgic!

JShat was very good at following the suggestions and had the right tools on hand which helps immensely. Fun problem to try and work through.

JShat, does your charger receptacle have this blue + grey wire entering a connector, with an orange and grey wire on the other side?
The orange wire goes to the controller (charger interlock), the grey wire goes to the BMS. If that grey wire is missing, that is possibly the reason your charger faults out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg elite receptacle.jpg (60.3 KB, 0 views)
TheCartBoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2024, 06:52 AM   #103
JShat21
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCartBoy View Post
Thanks Usgic!

JShat was very good at following the suggestions and had the right tools on hand which helps immensely. Fun problem to try and work through.

JShat, does your charger receptacle have this blue + grey wire entering a connector, with an orange and grey wire on the other side?
The orange wire goes to the controller (charger interlock), the grey wire goes to the BMS. If that grey wire is missing, that is possibly the reason your charger faults out.
Sorry for the delay! Yes, my receptacle does have the grey connector, but the exiting wires on the other side are blue and white(with black line). Part # is 651410/B on the receptacle. I’ll have to trace the wires tonight when I get home.
JShat21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2024, 09:26 AM   #104
TheCartBoy
WARRANTY VOID

E-Z-GO

Ok assuming the wire does go to the BMS. That would only leave the BMS as the culprit. When I connect the charger, there is an item called charger PWM in the BMS monitor menu #4, the value changes from 100% to a lower amount. And the pack current value becomes a positive number indicating charge is going through.
What does your PWM value read?
Old 05-30-2024, 10:40 PM   #105
JShat21
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Ok assuming the wire does go to the BMS. That would only leave the BMS as the culprit. When I connect the charger, there is an item called charger PWM in the BMS monitor menu #4, the value changes from 100% to a lower amount. And the pack current value becomes a positive number indicating charge is going through.
What does your PWM value read?
PWM goes from 100% to 38% when I connect the charger. The (baby) blue and white (black stripe) wires from the receptacle run into the main harness and are fairly difficult to trace. It obvious there’s nothing connected to the BMS from either wire. Where would it connect?
Old 05-31-2024, 06:11 AM   #106
JShat21
Not Yet Wild

The (baby) blue exiting wire goes to the controller and the white (black striped) wire goes to the grey female connector where the main BMS coms cable plugs in.
Old 05-31-2024, 06:01 PM   #107
TheCartBoy
WARRANTY VOID

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JShat21 View Post
The (baby) blue exiting wire goes to the controller and the white (black striped) wire goes to the grey female connector where the main BMS coms cable plugs in.
Ok that's good to see it changes from 100% to 38%, means the BMS wants the charge. So the problem lies between BMS and the receptacle.

I opened the 2pin connector at the receptacle and traced the wire goes to the BMS harness, see photo, the 3rd pin. You should verify the wire is good all the way to the circular connector that goes into the BMS it.

If the wire is good, that means the charge receptacle itself is the problem and should be replaced.

Let us know what you find
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bms.jpg (105.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-31-2024, 11:23 PM   #108
JShat21
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Ok that's good to see it changes from 100% to 38%, means the BMS wants the charge. So the problem lies between BMS and the receptacle.

I opened the 2pin connector at the receptacle and traced the wire goes to the BMS harness, see photo, the 3rd pin. You should verify the wire is good all the way to the circular connector that goes into the BMS it.

If the wire is good, that means the charge receptacle itself is the problem and should be replaced.

Let us know what you find
Okay, great! Tested the continuity of the wire and all checks out as it should from the 2 pin plug to BMS com plug.

Question… should I be able to test where the factory charger connects to the receptacle to the grey 2pin connector exiting the receptacle for continuity? If so, the receptacle must be the culprit… given the wire tested okay.
Old 06-01-2024, 09:30 AM   #109
TheCartBoy
WARRANTY VOID

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JShat21 View Post
Okay, great! Tested the continuity of the wire and all checks out as it should from the 2 pin plug to BMS com plug.

Question… should I be able to test where the factory charger connects to the receptacle to the grey 2pin connector exiting the receptacle for continuity? If so, the receptacle must be the culprit… given the wire tested okay.
I tried to test the outer receptacle socket to the wire but it wasn't a straight through connection, so I have to imagine there's some circuitry inside the receptacle, which is likely the point of failure.

And you already confirmed your charger successfully charged a friend's cart.
Old 06-02-2024, 12:27 AM   #110
JShat21
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
I tried to test the outer receptacle socket to the wire but it wasn't a straight through connection, so I have to imagine there's some circuitry inside the receptacle, which is likely the point of failure.

And you already confirmed your charger successfully charged a friend's cart.
Okay, I’m assuming the same also at this point. I’ll place an order for a new charging receptacle and keep everyone updated! Thanks again CartBoy!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO