lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-05-2016, 01:27 PM   #11
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: How to test controller

Still would like info on the above question regarding the blue and red wires?
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-05-2016, 04:32 PM   #12
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Sounds like a good time to send that motor to plumb quick. tell them about the other motors you have.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 04:36 PM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey tennis shoe View Post
Can someone explain which red and blue wires he is talking about here? I see more than 1 blue and more than 1 red wire on my cart. More specific, whichever blue and red wires, where are they going to or from?
Reference here is to the blue and red wires in the solenoid activation circuit which land on the F&R micro switch and the red wire bringing battery + to the controller circuit board to power up the control.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 05:24 PM   #14
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Thanks scotty. That makes easier to follow. Its a little confusing because i see the blue wire goes into the vglide, and comes out as a green / white, then turns into a white / black.
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 11:25 PM   #15
Smitty96
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Series Controller test
Connect your voltmeter between the main negative terminal on the battery pack an the M- terminal on the controller.

Push pedal just far enough for the solenoid to click.
You should read Full battery pack voltage.
If you don't have it, troubleshoot the red and blue cables and their connection and the contacts and components associated with them.

If you do have full battery pack voltage, slowly push the pedal to the floor.
The voltage should smoothly decrease to Zero, or close to Zero.

If it doesn't, check the throttle input to the controller.

If it does, and the motor isn't turning, you should see smoke or something ought to be getting mighty hot.

If the voltage was measured between the controller's M- and B+ terminals, then you are measuring across the motor and the voltage would be Zero with pedal up and full battery pack voltage with pedal down.
*First time poster*
I am having a similar issue with my 2000 Club Car DS 48V. The cart is very intermittent. I have driven it for 30 minutes with no issues, then taken it out later the same day and can’t make it home(Cart is very jerky/won’t move far)
Between M- and the main negative battery terminal, I have 52v volts just as the solenoid clicks. Although, when I press the accelerator pedal to the floor, the voltage only drops to 49v, not zero as scottyb posted. I then tested the V-Glide based off of another post. Here’s what I found(Meter leads connected to yellow wire that goes to controller, and green wire that goes to controller) 1k ohms when pedal isn’t pressed at all, then the voltage slowly goes to 0k ohms at WOT.
Any ideas?
Just a little background on the golf cart
New FNR switch, motor, solenoid, cables/terminals to motor, V-Glide recently adjusted at local shop. They have thrown parts at the cart, and nothing has fixed the problem
Smitty96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car