lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-22-2017, 09:05 PM   #11
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Solar roof

Nothing to do with taxation. It's just useful - as you can see.... That was bringing the cart home when I bought it. They fork lifted it on and I ran it off on my ramps.

yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-22-2017, 09:21 PM   #12
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Is that the view from your front yard? Beautiful!!!!!
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 10:07 PM   #13
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

We're renting this place until ours is built around the corner. Then that will be the view from our back yard - we'll sit in our outdoor room with an ale and watch the golfers (when I'm not playing myself). Not a bad retirement!
Old 01-22-2017, 10:27 PM   #14
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Golf, yeah I heard about that game once,,,,
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 09:57 PM   #15
RickyM
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

This is an older thread but just want to give my experience. I live in Donna Texas which is right on the border with Mexico in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas. I had solar panel on my Club car and I only had to plug it in to electricity a couple of times in the two years I had it. I did it as a fun project and it worked so well. I am going to do it on my Yamaha G29 next. It's not too save money though I suppose if you had it long enough it might pay for itself but it's just fun to do.

RickyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 12:20 AM   #16
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyM View Post
This is an older thread but just want to give my experience. I live in Donna Texas which is right on the border with Mexico in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas. I had solar panel on my Club car and I only had to plug it in to electricity a couple of times in the two years I had it. I did it as a fun project and it worked so well. I am going to do it on my Yamaha G29 next. It's not too save money though I suppose if you had it long enough it might pay for itself but it's just fun to do.
Good to know but how did you determine that you only needed to plug in a couple of times in those two years?

Nice looking cart, by-the-way.
Old 03-10-2020, 12:39 AM   #17
RickyM
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

On solar system on the charge controller when the batteries are fully charged there is a green light that goes on. I check the light every day and within a few hours after used it shows fully charged. There were a couple of times when there was heavily overcast for several day and just didn't charge enough. I am going to do the same thing with my new Yamaha G29. Like I said financially it doesn't really make sense but it's fun to do plus don't have to mess with plugging it in.
RickyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 01:21 AM   #18
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyM View Post
On solar system on the charge controller when the batteries are fully charged there is a green light that goes on. I check the light every day and within a few hours after used it shows fully charged. There were a couple of times when there was heavily overcast for several day and just didn't charge enough. I am going to do the same thing with my new Yamaha G29. Like I said financially it doesn't really make sense but it's fun to do plus don't have to mess with plugging it in.
Very good, might I suggest though that you make a point of plugging in your big charger (the one that came with the cart) regularly, say at least once every two months. The solar will only give a trickle charge but the batteries need a good heavy charge every so often to stir up the chemicals and to help clear the sulfate off the plates. The batteries will last a lot longer if you do this.

Old 03-10-2020, 10:25 AM   #19
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

How many amps does your controller output, assuming the sun is out and it's able to provide full output?

Those panels are getting less and less expensive all the time s the technology gets better and panels are getting more efficient. What was your approximate cost of doing the whole setup?
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 09:18 PM   #20
Hawk1
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

you need to go to Oreilly's auto parts online and look up part #121gw. that will take care of what you need
Hawk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car