lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-28-2017, 01:53 AM   #11
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Lifting Club Car DS - but only 1-2"

Aflyer, there are at least 3 sponsors that carry that lift block and you link him to e-bay (one of those sponsors told him what was appropriate).

tag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-28-2017, 07:09 AM   #12
whit71
Gone Wild

Club Car

the shackle bolts the rear of the spring to the frame. This picture is from a Precedent, yours may look a little different, but basically the same.

Last edited by whit71; 03-28-2017 at 07:13 AM.. Reason: add more info
whit71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 08:43 AM   #13
dlwilson
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have an extra set of 6.5" shackles I made by mistake. I didn't look closely under the cart, and I haven't worked with leaf springs much, so I figured I'd need shackles at both ends. I made eight and only needed four. You can have them for $10 shipping if you like. Like someone else said, you'll need longer shocks or shock extenders.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...1&d=1490708528
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1364.jpg (125.3 KB, 0 views)
dlwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 04:53 PM   #14
nnmsgst
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlwilson View Post
I have an extra set of 6.5" shackles I made by mistake. I didn't look closely under the cart, and I haven't worked with leaf springs much, so I figured I'd need shackles at both ends. I made eight and only needed four. You can have them for $10 shipping if you like. Like someone else said, you'll need longer shocks or shock extenders.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...1&d=1490708528

Thank you!

2 questions:

1. Is 6.5" going to give me too much lift? I'm only looking for a coulple inches.
2. If a DS can be lifted this easily, why does everybody buy these specific lift kits?

Thanks again.
nnmsgst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 05:00 PM   #15
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnmsgst View Post
Thank you!

2 questions:

1. Is 6.5" going to give me too much lift? I'm only looking for a coulple inches.
2. If a DS can be lifted this easily, why does everybody buy these specific lift kits?

Thanks again.
1. If the shackles give you more lift than you like, re-drill new holes and cut them off at the desired length. It's better to start with shackles that are too long than too short. You can always adjust.

2. Most people want more than an inch or so of lift. When you need more lift, major suspension components must be altered in order to accomplish this. The lift "kits" include much more than just a lift block.

Check your private messages.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 05:07 PM   #16
Aflyer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by tag50 View Post
Aflyer, there are at least 3 sponsors that carry that lift block and you link him to e-bay (one of those sponsors told him what was appropriate).

I use our sponsors, and expect that the OP will also. The OP stated he was not a fabricator, I linked him to a picture so he could visualize Dave and I were suggesting he could do.

I also linked him to the complete parts list for a Club Car DS, I think it is all part of the education process.

And I also mentioned Dave, revolution Golf Cars in my responses.

Sorry if you misinterpreted my information sharing.

Aflyer
Aflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 05:12 PM   #17
thetoddjohnson
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
1. If the shackles give you more lift than you like, re-drill new holes and cut them off at the desired length. It's better to start with shackles that are too long than too short. You can always adjust.

2. Most people want more than an inch or so of lift. When you need more lift, major suspension components must be altered in order to accomplish this. The lift "kits" include much more than just a lift block.

Check your private messages.
You said you aren't a fabricator, but after this project you will be able to consider yourself one.

As David points out you can always re-drill and shorten. But you don't even have to cut them shorter if you (a) don't have the tools, or (b) are too lazy.

If you go to this thread http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/road-...club-cars.html and scroll to post #3, the picture all the way on the right shows a cart on which I drilled additional holes in the stock shackles to lower the rear some. I didn't bother to cut the shackles. You can see what it looks like if you just leave them uncut.

TJ
thetoddjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 05:54 PM   #18
nnmsgst
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetoddjohnson View Post
You said you aren't a fabricator, but after this project you will be able to consider yourself one.

As David points out you can always re-drill and shorten. But you don't even have to cut them shorter if you (a) don't have the tools, or (b) are too lazy.

If you go to this thread http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/road-...club-cars.html and scroll to post #3, the picture all the way on the right shows a cart on which I drilled additional holes in the stock shackles to lower the rear some. I didn't bother to cut the shackles. You can see what it looks like if you just leave them uncut.

TJ
Thanks again. I appreciate the responses - including the unbiased attempt to help from Aflyer.

Last week I ordered a voltage reducer from CartsUnlimited and just ordered a spacer block from TahoeDawg. I appreciate the value of these sponsors, but there is a free marketplace out there as well to keep everyone in check.
nnmsgst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 06:07 PM   #19
Aflyer
Gone Wild

Club Car

nnmsgst,
Glad to hear you are about to join the ranks of installer and fabricators.

Have a great time with it, and we look forward to pictures and more projects.

Aflyer
Aflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 09:01 PM   #20
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnmsgst View Post
Thanks again. I appreciate the responses - including the unbiased attempt to help from Aflyer.

Last week I ordered a voltage reducer from CartsUnlimited and just ordered a spacer block from TahoeDawg. I appreciate the value of these sponsors, but there is a free marketplace out there as well to keep everyone in check.
Thanks for the PayPal, but I PMed you again. Guess you didn't see it. I can't ship you anything unless I have your address... lol
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car