lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-06-2017, 07:55 PM   #1
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Ausco rear disk brakes

My wife got my the Ausco rear brakes for Christmas. I had a couple questions before I do the install.

1. Do they need anti squeal spray like car brake pads?

2. When I pull the axle to R&R the brake plate/caliper mount does any diff oil leak out of the axle tube?

3. Is there any special tips or tricks to the install not included in the instructions?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-07-2017, 12:12 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ausco rear disk brakes

On the CC I always jack one wheel off the deck at a time as this keeps the oil from pouring out if you pull an axle. It only took a couple times of this happening to teach me - lol.
Do us a favor and document the install - stickie worthie - like I did for Ezgo
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 09:50 AM   #3
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Not knocking Scotty, as he is right about the oil. Rather than jack just one wheel off the ground at a time. Raise it up and set on jack stands and add one notch higher to the stand on the side you are working on. Does the same thing but gives you a little more room to work. Having the right set of snap ring pliers is the key to simple removal of the axle.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 09:57 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Not knocking PingEye3 but, if you work on the cart on jack stands please put the tires under the cart. Lay then under the frame rails until you are ready to put them back on. I the event the cart does fall off the stands the cart will hopefully land on the tires, not your leg or worse.

Many years ago - my wife observed me under a car in a junkyard removing a master cylinder. Saying it looked unsafe she stacked a couple of rims next to me. Moments later the car fell on the rims. I removed the cylinder and changed my underpants. Be safe.
Old 12-07-2017, 10:04 AM   #5
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Old 12-07-2017, 10:07 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by PingEye3 View Post

Okay lets see some brake and axle pics.
What is that snapon part # for the correct 90º snap ring pliers?
Old 12-07-2017, 10:08 AM   #7
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Old 12-07-2017, 10:22 AM   #8
Reddawg454
Grumpy Old Guy

Club Car

Snap On -SRPC7090
Reddawg454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 10:22 AM   #9
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

E36Racer: You might consider painting of bare metal parts. They will be covered with rust quickly if you don't. Disassemble and paint the parts before the replacement ever starts. Be sure to keep track of your left and right parts during disassembly for painting. I had to add washers on the main adjustment rod to get them adjusted correctly. I did not paint the sleeves that the bolts pass thru. I feel this is the only thing lacking in the Ausco kit, painting of the bare parts. Great stopping power.
Old 12-07-2017, 06:50 PM   #10
Bundi
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36Racer View Post
My wife got my the Ausco rear brakes for Christmas. I had a couple questions before I do the install.

1. Do they need anti squeal spray like car brake pads?

2. When I pull the axle to R&R the brake plate/caliper mount does any diff oil leak out of the axle tube?

3. Is there any special tips or tricks to the install not included in the instructions?

Thanks in advance.

I had mine on jack stands and did have some oil leak from the axel. I used a small styrofoam cup pushed in to stop it (recommend in another thread). I also reversed the sides and installed the calipers on top of the wheels to avoid having to cut the cable mounts which block the lower install method. I also took the tip of painting the bare metal part to prevent rusting using high temp caliper paint. The C-clip is a pain to remove and I tried 3 different sets of ring pliers without luck until I finally bent the tip of some small needle nose pliers to do the trick...turned it into an all day job. But they are really nice and you won’t believe the stopping power. The only squeal I notice is backing out of garage after cart has set up for awhile...once moving forward it goes away. Good luck!

Bundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car