lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-14-2019, 08:19 PM   #11
Qman97
Getting Wild

Default Re: Alltrax XCT500 Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by bospider01 View Post
Fellow 09 precedent owner!

I just got my hands on an Alltrax500 and 400A solenoid and want to start this controller swap. I feel like I am missing a lot of things to complete this project. can you tell me what my list of parts should be minus what I have already mentioned?

Any tips/ tricks?

anything you would do different? could I see more pictures if you have any or are willing to take more?

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.
2009 also and just did my install.

Take your time, don’t rush, and read all instructions.....twice.

It took me about 2-3 hours going step by step. 2g wires are a must! I kept the OBC and used a brass toilet bolt kit from Lowe’s for $5 through the OBC.

I have a lift kit, D&D motor, running 22’s with 5lbs air on gravel and clock out at 28mph. I can spin the tires now 😁

No more overheating, longer run times, better throttle response BEST UPGRADE I have done and should have done sooner
Qman97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-22-2020, 01:35 PM   #12
ClubCarDude
Gone Wild

Club Car

I had the same exact issue. CC precedent new XCT400 install and new SW180 solenoid. Stutters and wont move after install. Stuttering forward in reverse and stuttering reverse in forward. Low voltage and precharge errors from controller but everything was installed correctly and pack is 52v+.

My problem was the diode on the small posts of the solenoid. I removed it and the cart and controller work fine now. The large post solenoid is there still.

Just an FYI for future use if others have this issue.
ClubCarDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 02:29 PM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClubCarDude View Post
I had the same exact issue. CC precedent new XCT400 install and new SW180 solenoid. Stutters and wont move after install. Stuttering forward in reverse and stuttering reverse in forward. Low voltage and precharge errors from controller but everything was installed correctly and pack is 52v+.

My problem was the diode on the small posts of the solenoid. I removed it and the cart and controller work fine now. The large post solenoid is there still.

Just an FYI for future use if others have this issue.
The diode was an issue because it was on backwards. Turn it around and reinstall.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car