lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-08-2018, 08:53 PM   #1
dracor
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default new xct alltrax install issues

having very similar issues as TurboQ had with a 500amp xct alltrax install on a mot4 admiral motor in a 2006 cc ds IQ 48 volt cart...cart in forward stutters with no acceleration (wheels go back) and in reverse cart stutters and wheels want to move forward (error light under voltage battery appears on controller-one green two flash red-while batteries test appropriate independently and as a group). I am at a loss....pics for thoughts????

153.jpg

206.jpg

207.jpg
dracor is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-08-2018, 09:23 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: new xct alltrax install issues

That solenoid looks rough - Lol! (are you sure it is closing in and staying in?)

But if that is a new XCT the diode should not be there on the small posts as that is handled internally of the controller now. (I actually thought the precharge was going that way on the newer models but scottyb or Sergio or TahoeDawgZ71 will have to confirm that.

Have you utilized the Alltrax Tool Kit to see what it is telling you?
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 09:47 PM   #3
TurboQ
Not Yet Wild

I have the diode that was included with the solenoid on the large posts with only the light blue and blue/white stripe wire on the small posts and it works great now.
TurboQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 09:51 PM   #4
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I agree You should cleanup those solenoid connections for better performance.

The large cable lugs should go first against a clean Solenoid surface, the small ring connectors go on top.

The "Regen Diode" between the Solenoid big posts is the last thing to go on the stud before the washer and nut.

If You can connect the Alltrax software and run the Monitor screen it will be easy to verify everything.

At the very least make sure You have pack voltage on the Controller B+ when the solenoid closes.

The solenoid between the small posts is not needed, but it does not cause any issues if installed properly. Yours is installed properly.

There is no longer a pre-charge resistor requirement for the Solenoid.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 08:13 AM   #5
dracor
Getting Wild
Club Car

Thanks fo the input....I plan on just reordering a new solenoid and resistor as I should have from the onset of the install...the diode sent by alltrax is actually on the larger posts but not accurately represented....appreciate your time and as soon as I get back to hunting camp to plant some more trees ill let you know results. To solve the issue of wheels going forward while toggle switch is in reverse and wheels going backwards while toggle set in forward I just have to switch around F1 and F2 on new motor?
Old 05-09-2018, 08:26 AM   #6
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Correct, just swap the F1 and F2 at the Motor to change directions.

Do not use a Resistor on the Solenoid with the XCT Controller.

The Diode on the Solenoid big posts (Regen Diode) is visible and correctly installed, the issue there is that You are limiting the current that can be transferred due to the small ring connector surface area.

The big cable lug needs to be in contact with the Solenoid surface for the least resistance and maximum current transfer.
Old 05-09-2018, 11:09 AM   #7
dracor
Getting Wild
Club Car

thank you for your time!
Old 05-09-2018, 12:19 PM   #8
Gregt909
Not Yet Wild

Is the regen diode on the big posts needed with the alltrex controller? I don’t have it on mine and I think my solenoid is bad. Could the lack of diode have caused the failure? My solenoid was only 6 months old
Gregt909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 12:44 PM   #9
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Alltrax has gone back and forth on the need for that diode on a Club Car.

According to their original explanation the scenario that could cause damage to the Controller is more likely to occur in EzGo since that cart wiring design shuts the power to the Solenoid when you move the FNR from one direction to another.

Club Cars don't do that so the only way You could even get close to that scenario is if You turn the Key switch OFF during the time the cart was in Regen brake.

Not a likely scenario but Alltrax now recommends the Regen diode for Club Cars as well.

The issue is potential damage to the Controller due to a rise in Voltage if the Motor was in Regen but the Solenoid dropped preventing the current from flowing to the battery.

It was not about Solenoid damage.
Old 02-22-2020, 01:33 PM   #10
ClubCarDude
Gone Wild

Club Car

I had the same exact issue. CC precedent new XCT400 install and new SW180 solenoid. Stutters and wont move after install. Stuttering forward in reverse and stuttering reverse in forward. Low voltage and precharge errors from controller but everything was installed correctly and pack is 52v+.

My problem was the diode on the small posts of the solenoid. I removed it and the cart and controller work fine now. The large post solenoid is there still.

Just an FYI for future use if others have this issue.
ClubCarDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car