lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-26-2020, 10:59 AM   #11
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: What are these?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
I agree about ground to frame. I'm pretty sure that is made of Bakelite and not connected to the frame. Need to check to be sure. I had the same thing on a 99 DS and it was isolated.
They are isolated from the frame with some sort of Bakelite type material. I find them quite useful as a common negative for accessories.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200126_105324093.jpg (342.3 KB, 0 views)
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-26-2020, 10:03 PM   #12
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
They are isolated from the frame with some sort of Bakelite type material. I find them quite useful as a common negative for accessories.
Oh that's interesting to see. I couldn't tell that it was isolated from the OP's photo. Is it factory done?
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 11:34 PM   #13
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

On the old Series carts and early regen carts there were a couple of them. (By the V-glide and behind the dash)
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 06:48 AM   #14
barlowchiro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
On the old Series carts and early regen carts there were a couple of them. (By the V-glide and behind the dash)
I have found two so far. One in the front of the battery compartment (in the photos) and one underneath the dash. It indeed looks like a place for - wiring to plug into. Looks like a Bakelite type material. Thanks for identifying that one for me.

So, photo #1 I though could be the factory reducer, but there are not other wires coming out of it besides the wire that was grounded to the thing in photo #3. No positive wires to the power supply and no wires at all going to any accessories. Any ideas??

Photo #2, I guess this could possibly be the factory reducer? It had a power wire from battery #2. It has multiple wires coming from it/going to it. What do you guys think?

Photo #3 is definitely a place to ground things (including photo #1)
barlowchiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 08:47 AM   #15
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Photo 1 is a 16-12 volt reducer. They are only used on the negative leg of the power. There should be a wire on one end that goes to pack negative and usually two wires on the other end used for negative for lights etc. likely connected to photo 3. Then the positive for the lights comes from the battery 5 positive.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 09:17 AM   #16
barlowchiro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
Photo 1 is a 16-12 volt reducer. They are only used on the negative leg of the power. There should be a wire on one end that goes to pack negative and usually two wires on the other end used for negative for lights etc. likely connected to photo 3. Then the positive for the lights comes from the battery 5 positive.
Gotcha, that makes sense. I'll double check tonight and see, but from memory, the thing in photo #1 only had a black wire going into and coming out of it. One black wire attached to the factory controller and the other black wire attached to the thing in photo #3. No other wires went into/out of the thing in photo #1. I guess it could be just the negative aspect of the thing in photo #2?
Old 01-27-2020, 09:50 AM   #17
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Where it connects to controller is same electrically as battery pack negative post.

The other end going to 3 could just as easy been put on negative side of light.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 10:27 AM   #18
barlowchiro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Here is the item from photo #3 with the wires plugged into it.

The top two spade connectors are from the item in photo #1.

The other connection goes into a wire loom, which I assume is providing negative connection to maybe the tail lights?

Does that sound feasible? That the item in photo #1 that is connected to the controller could be supplying the negative wire connection for just the rear lights? And the item in #3 could just be a negative connection?

Red power wire from battery #2 (that you see in the pic) went to the the thing in photo #2.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5093 (1).jpg (110.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-31-2020, 10:54 AM   #19
barlowchiro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Took the cover off of the thing in Photo #2, turns out it is a fuse box. Now to trace these wires and see if they indeed go to the headlights/taillights.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5164.jpg (131.5 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car