lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-25-2020, 10:05 AM   #1
stoker
Gone Wild

Default charger or OBC?

2007 charger#25260 IQ-plus brand spanking new batts.onboard setup (no DC plug)reset OBC.First charge on new batts only charges to 56V then shuts off.leave plugged in all night and find out in morning it is charging again but only 56V??thanks
stoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-25-2020, 10:13 AM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: charger or OBC?

It will take it a while to fully charge a new set of batteries. The OBC will time out at 16 hours. If so, unplug it and wait a few seconds and plug it back in or drive it a little and then come back and recharge. It will cut off at a minimum 58.3v or 16 hours. After a few charge cycles it will get much faster. You have to season those batteries.

You will need close to 40/50 charges before they are at full strength. Try to run it down to at least 80% and no lower the 50% over these charge periods.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 10:50 AM   #3
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

The important thing is what voltage are they at after the charger is finished and they set a few hours. They should be at 50.9V.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 11:54 AM   #4
stoker
Gone Wild

thanks guys,we have a fleet of these carts and my experience is when I replace batts and they get the first charge,i always monitor voltage with the fluke DOM meter and they always get to at least 60v and sometimes I have seen as high as 65v befor charger shuts off..?
Old 02-25-2020, 12:14 PM   #5
stoker
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
The important thing is what voltage are they at after the charger is finished and they set a few hours. They should be at 50.9V.
I unplugged a few hours ago and its reading 51.0V which I realize is 100% SOC,but my experience with new batts is they settle at 52+ volts after being charged overnight and hit at least 60v on final stage of charging.i still think I have some prob here?
I am gonna hook the pack up to a modern lester summit2 Bluetooth series and see what final stage voltage I get.thanks for input
Old 02-25-2020, 01:37 PM   #6
stoker
Gone Wild

doing an experiment using 2 different chargers..first was the modern Summit2,the pack voltage came up quick to 60V then noting LED lights (has no amp meter)that charge-status amber light still on,BUT the voltage starts dropping slowly (not fast, like when you unplug befor final charging)
Next I used older lester #09695 transformer type High output 25A.voltage goes up to 60.5V,its pulling 10amps on meter-on-charger,THEN starts dropping voltage REAL slow (drops .5V in 20 mins) while still pulling 11 amps??maybey something defective with these new batts?
Old 02-25-2020, 04:38 PM   #7
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

I would still put them thru several charge cycles and see how they react/perform.

What brand batteries are they?
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 06:35 PM   #8
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Sounds like they're fully charged already and the charger is just moving into the absorption phase in a shorter time.
Of the several battery packs I've replaced I usually get them fresh off the Trojan truck (within a week or so anyway) and they never need more than a couple hours for the first charge.

Run it a few times and let the pack run down some and let them cycle a few times and I'm sure they'll be fine.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car