lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-10-2020, 05:09 PM   #1
bildoo
Not Yet Wild

Default 2007 DS Front End Crooked

After replacing bushings in the front end of my DS I did an alignment. I kept thinking something was off. I found that all of the front suspension parts are bolted to the frame crooked. I measured the wheelbase and it is about 1.5 inches shorter on the drivers side than the passenger. Being the age of cart and its new to me I don't know if the cart was smashed. I looked the the frame and I see no visible defects. The frame looks straight to the body. The leaf spring mount/rack mount look to be drilled and bolted thru the frame and its crooked. The cart drives and handles like it should. Is this normal?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200309_194448.jpg (199.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20200309_194437.jpg (197.0 KB, 0 views)
bildoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-10-2020, 07:23 PM   #2
Goober11
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2007 DS Front End Crooked

Quote:
Originally Posted by bildoo View Post
After replacing bushings in the front end of my DS I did an alignment. I kept thinking something was off. I found that all of the front suspension parts are bolted to the frame crooked. I measured the wheelbase and it is about 1.5 inches shorter on the drivers side than the passenger. Being the age of cart and its new to me I don't know if the cart was smashed. I looked the the frame and I see no visible defects. The frame looks straight to the body. The leaf spring mount/rack mount look to be drilled and bolted thru the frame and its crooked. The cart drives and handles like it should. Is this normal?
From the pictures the left a arm is setting back. Also were it bolts to the support were the a arm bushing goes is bent. I had one the same way. I ended up replacing the Delta support ( the part the a arms bolt to). Just have to pull it down to see how much damage there is.
Goober11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 07:33 PM   #3
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

The shock tower is bent. You can look at where the A-Plate mounts to the front of the shock tower and see that it's bent backwards on the driver's side.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 08:46 PM   #4
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Like they said.
There is a bit of wiggle room when the tower bolts on, it will move about 1/4" or so, but with that one being bent, it's may have bent the bolts or stretched the holes in the frame where the bolts go through.
Common damage if the wheel makes contact with something immovable.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 08:33 AM   #5
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Loosen up the four bolts on the leaf spring retaining plate under the car. Remove the A-Arm and bend the shock tower straight with a big crescent wrench. Put it all back together and measure your wheelbase like you did before. You should be able to get it much closer to even on both sides now. A lot of times just relieving the pressure of the leaf spring plate will cause it to swing back around straight. Right now it's in a bind.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car