lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-26-2020, 08:41 AM   #1
barlowchiro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Jake's Sport Shifter Questions

To those that have installed the Jake's Sport Shifter, how is it holding up? It seems that the part of the body where the F/R switch mounts is kinda flimsy, meaning it has some give to it. With the Sport Shifter installed, are you guys getting any flexing of the body where it mounts? I have a new HD F/R switch, and it is a little stiff when shifting from forward to reverse, just worried about too much flexing on the body if it is super stiff.

Thanks
barlowchiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-27-2020, 06:32 PM   #2
Doc
Gone Wild

Default Re: Jake's Sport Shifter Questions

These are the exact reasons why I got rid of mine....always felt somewhat flimsy...
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 07:06 PM   #3
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Jake's Sport Shifter Questions

I've installed several, at customer's request. Never wanted one myself. Too flimsy - lots of body flex. The weakness of the body there is compounded by the directional change: shifter moves front to back while the switch functions by rotating side to side. My suggestion would be a Caddy Shift (sold by several site sponsors). Retains the original direction of motion but gives you a longer handle, better leverage and slightly different look than stock.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg caddy shifter.jpg (33.3 KB, 0 views)
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car