lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-18-2020, 06:50 PM   #11
Mmulisha84
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Going Crazy.... 95 DS Controller junk or Pot Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
That is a 5k-0 pot box. Discontinued many years ago.

Jack the rear wheels off the ground until you get this sorted out. It might take off WOT with the wrong signal.
Are you sure it’s 5-0k ? Because that’s what it seemed like it when I pulled it out it seemed to run from a higher range to lower. But everything else I’ve read says it’s 0-5
Mmulisha84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-18-2020, 06:56 PM   #12
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

There were 2 types of 48v carts built in 1995. The first 3 months or so of 95 had a 0-5k v glide and a black controller. The rest had a silver controller that uses 5k-0. What color is your controller?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 07:07 PM   #13
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Moon I believe you're right, it should be 5k-0.

Also, I just found this from one of my prior threads. It's another way to test the pot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfdog View Post
Assuming that its a series cart (if not ignore this) a quick check on the pot can be done as follows. Disconnect the #1 battery + terminal and the green and yellow wires attached to the controller spade terminals 2 and 3. Take a jumper wire from #1 battery + to the disconnected green wire and place a multimeter set at 200vDC between the yellow wire and Controller B- (red on the wire and black on B-) Put the FWD/REV lever in FWD, voltage should be 0v. press the accelerator and voltage should increase to battery pack voltage or as close as makes no differance.(slight resistance in the wiring) If it does not get there you may be able to fiddle with the linkages to adjust it.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 07:10 PM   #14
Mmulisha84
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
There were 2 types of 48v carts built in 1995. The first 3 months or so of 95 had a 0-5k v glide and a black controller. The rest had a silver controller that uses 5k-0. What color is your controller?
It’s silver, I got another parts cart with it that has a vglide. It’s funny because the brakes never worked after playing the drums off and playing with it over and over I found out that it’s more a 96 then a 95 because it had drums with the center hole when it needed the drums with no center hole. So that makes sense. I feel like I should go check all the ohms over again with this new info lol I’ve been looking for a 0k at night throttle when I should have been lookin for 0 at full throttle.
Old 04-18-2020, 07:26 PM   #15
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post

Also, I just found this from one of my prior threads. It's another way to test the pot.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 09:14 AM   #16
Mmulisha84
Not Yet Wild

Quote:

Alrighty, so that test was nice and easy. I did get full pack voltage and then with the throttle it slowly went down to 0 at full throttle.
So I assume that means the controller is junk correct?
Old 04-19-2020, 12:06 PM   #17
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmulisha84 View Post
Alrighty, so that test was nice and easy. I did get full pack voltage and then with the throttle it slowly went down to 0 at full throttle.
So I assume that means the controller is junk correct?
Actually your readings are backwards, you should start at 0v and increase to pack voltage at full throttle. Maybe you don't have the right pot?
Old 04-19-2020, 01:37 PM   #18
Mmulisha84
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Actually your readings are backwards, you should start at 0v and increase to pack voltage at full throttle. Maybe you don't have the right pot?
Well you gotta remember I have the pot out of the box down there turning it by hand, so it’s not hooked to the pedal anymore, I may have been turning it the wrong way. But it did directly control the voltage at the meter.
Old 04-19-2020, 01:52 PM   #19
Mmulisha84
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmulisha84 View Post
Well you gotta remember I have the pot out of the box down there turning it by hand, so it’s not hooked to the pedal anymore, I may have been turning it the wrong way. But it did directly control the voltage at the meter.
So I checked again and it does go 0v to full
Old 04-19-2020, 05:47 PM   #20
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Ok, I'm thinking controller at this point. We'll see if others chime in, but I'm thinking your controller may be toast.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car