lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-23-2020, 11:51 AM   #11
hot-shot
Gone Wild

Default Re: Power surge

Okay I have done what was suggested. I hooked multimeter black test to black main on battery pack. I took floor mat and cover out to access the MCOR i placed the red probe from the meter along side the yellow wire making sure I have good connection. The key is off the run tow is in run mode. I have no readings at this point. The meter is set to 20 DC. When I press the pedal still no reading? Am I doing something incorrect? Thanks
hot-shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-23-2020, 12:06 PM   #12
hot-shot
Gone Wild

One more thing that I just noticed is that the cart will move with run tow in tow? Why would that be? Thanks
Old 04-24-2020, 08:46 AM   #13
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

The run/tow switch must have failed if it is allowing voltage to pass when in Tow mode.
You can easily verify that with your meter.

In regards to the readings, you must not be making a connection because if the cart is moving and responding to the throttle signal, it is getting it from the MCOR. You can stick the probe right into the harness, but it works off a 5v loop.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 08:48 AM   #14
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

If there is truly no voltage coming out, there is another wire coming in of the three (3) there (may be white w/black stripe) that you need to probe and see if you get 5vdc. There is a constant 5vdc going in and then the potentiometer regulates the output back to the controller thru the Yellow wire. (You need the White wire (top of MCOR) and Yellow wire (wiper) to get a 5k-0 signal on the 3-pin connector. The purple wire (bottom of MCOR) is not used.)
Old 04-25-2020, 09:35 AM   #15
hot-shot
Gone Wild

Thanks for the reply. Can I purchase a toggle switch at the AOTA parts house or do I need a club car original? To test the run tow switch what is the process. Thanks
Old 04-25-2020, 09:38 AM   #16
hot-shot
Gone Wild

Also do I have to punctuate the yellow wire or hold the probe on the yellow wire? Thanks
Old 04-26-2020, 07:17 AM   #17
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-shot View Post
Thanks for the reply. Can I purchase a toggle switch at the AOTA parts house or do I need a club car original? To test the run tow switch what is the process. Thanks
You should be able to match one up.
Old 04-26-2020, 07:18 AM   #18
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-shot View Post
Also do I have to punctuate the yellow wire or hold the probe on the yellow wire? Thanks
You do have to make contact with the wire. You can usually press it into the side of the wire at the connector.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car